MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:13 am

Post subject: Ganon and Boogey Van by Master G
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:06 am 
Glow Ball

Hey man, glad to see you try your hand at truck making, and besides the access violation everything looks reasonably well. Except, you only painted one side of each truck! LOL, was there something wrong with the other side?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:07 pm 
No i don't know why there was only one side painted on this truck i know i painted two sides

weird?

Master_Ganon05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:31 pm 
Glow Ball

Did you rename and replace the files?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:26 pm 
Yes but i don't know why... hmm i might not make another truck untill i find out what's wrong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:39 pm 

Once occasion in my early truck-making years, I got the names of the 2 texture files mixed up, and ended up saving them both under the same name (like calling them both bigfoot1.raw)...perhaps the same happened to you.

Good luck, and looking forward to your next truck project.

Post subject: BigDOGGe!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:26 pm 
hey listen do you have MSN Messenger or AIM well if you do have either one of them please send me your e-mail or aim screen name because of a truck making problem i'm having

p.s i may say never mind if i fix the problem

Master_Ganon05!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:44 pm 
the above message by me is for BigDOGGe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:51 pm 
Glow Ball

You should edit your post instead of posting again !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:04 pm 

Go ahead and post truck-making questions in here.....that's what this forum room is for, and it allows me to share my answer and information with all members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:50 pm 
Well i'm trying to fix that half truck painted problem can you help??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:39 am 
easy company

Quote:
Well i'm trying to fix that half truck painted problem can you help??

most trucks have more that one texture so if you don't repaint them all then only one half of the truck or thereabouts will have a new paint job :o)... no need to get BD on AIM (Always Irratating Messages)... instead simply post your question here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:24 am 

If you'd like, zip up the pieces (TRK, ACT, RAW, and BIN files), And I will piece them together for you...then you can take it apart again and see how it was assembled. There should be 2 RAWs and 2 ACT files for the body paint....

OR

Just zip up your podded truck, and the 2 repainted ACT and RAW files for the truck....

use that second method if your truck has custom wheels. If no custom wheels, then let me know which stock truck you wish to use the wheels from.

Send to ZOtm_BigDOGGe@yahoo.com (I don't have AIM or MSN)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:29 am 
Glow Ball

BigDogge, they're right here

http://mtm2.com/~trucks/trucks.cgi?s=Master_Ganon05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:07 am 

Well, your boogeyvan only has one texture file in it (GBLOODV1.RAW, GBLOODV1.ACT), and the RAW is mis-named, In the POD it's called:

GBLOODV1.RAW¼¼ôƒ)

It's not damaged..I renamed the file to GBLOODV1.RAW and it works fine.

The other texture/other side of the truck (GBLOODV0.RAW, GBLOODV0.ACT) is not in the pod.

--------------------------------------------------

One other problem....you have the low-resolution and medium resolution models in the POD, but not the main high-res model

GBLOODV0.BIN ("0"= low-res)
GBLOODV1.BIN ("1"= medium-res)

GBLOODV.BIN *MISSING* (high-res)

There are 1 or 3 models per truck in MTM2.....If you wish, you can modify the high-res model only, and leave the other 2 out (medium and low models), but you can't leave the high-res model out of the POD.

In other words, just repaint BOOGEYVAN.BIN, and forget about BOOGEYVAN0.BIN and BOOGEYVAN1.BIN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:27 pm 
Well i can't find a file that i want to use that you said i needed i used Black Stallion for my new truck i want to make into the new RTK Truck and i copied the files but only BLACK1.RAW and BLACK2.RAW is there (plus the act files of B1 and B2)

Can you Help?

P.S. i can't reinstall MTM2 because my cd-rom drive don't work (thank god i installed MTM2 before that)!

Master_Ganon05 Rules!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:21 am 

There are no stock trucks with textures called BLACK1 and BLACK2 in the game. Those may be textures for a custom truck, so don't bother with them for now.....lets use the stock files for the BLACK STALLION truck in the game.

STALLIO1.RAW and STALLIO2.RAW are the original names for the stock paint textures for Black Stallion......place duplicates of these in your ART folder, then rename these duplicates to GBLOODV1 and GBLOODV2 and do your repainting on them. Both the ACT and the RAWs must be renamed correctly.

---------------------------------
HOW DO I DUPLICATE AND RENAME THEM?:

One easy way to do this is to first use FLYRAW GUI to turn the stock RAW and ACT files into easy-to-paint BMP files, repaint the BMPs with your favorite paint program...

Next, use SAVE AS in your paint program to save them in the ART folder under their new names (GBLOOD1.BMP and GBLOOD2.BMP), and then use FLYRAWGUI again to convert these 2 BMP files back into RAW and ACT files.

----------------------------------------------------

Next step would be to load the STALLION.BIN model into Binedit, then save it under the name GBLOOD.BIN....this will now be the model you will work on. Now use MDMRE's TEXTURE REPLACER to replace the 2 stock textures in GBLOOD.BIN (STALLIO1.RAW and STALLIO2.RAW) with the new repainted texture names (GBLOOD1.RAW and GBLOOD2.RAW)

If you did it right, then you should be able to load GBLOOD.BIN into Binedit and see it with your new paint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:43 pm 
Just One Problem I Don't Have Binedit But I Know What You Mean So Binedit Is Out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:02 pm 
Hey bigdogge i got a problem with trucks again i got everything done... EVERYTHING but i'm trying to make the truck and it messes up!

i might say never mind but it don't think i will

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:05 pm 
yep it's not working but i have hotmail so i need to keep the size of the zip to a minimum but i need you to tell me a list for what to put in the zip file for you to make the pod... or can you make the pod?.... i also made the lst file for winpod but it says path not found and i need your help with that so i hope you can help me. pluse i have binedit but it don't work so that's why it's out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:10 am 

I just need 4 items (or 6 depending on how you look at it)

1..... BIN model

2 & 3..... The 2 repainted textures (2 RAWs and 2 ACTs)

3...... the TRK file

They should zip up quite small, so Hotmail should not be a problem.

ZOtm_BigDOGGe@yahoo.com

I'll be using TRACKED2 to pod it, so I won't need any LST files.