MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:10 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:58 pm 
ok thxs bigdogge and um before you upload the truck make sure you didn't change anything from the TRK wordpad proggy because the name and tires i want the same but if you need to do anything else go ahead... and gl on trying to pod it through TRACKED2 that's usually the first thing i try to do but it's got to be that i have XP and it needs 98 hmmm that's how i could pod my trucks by just 1 side i tried 2 but it always shuts down... maybe you can fix it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:32 pm 

There's a trick to using XP with TRACKED2

1. start Monster Truck Madness 2

2. go to the GRAPHICS optiions menu

3. Set the graphics renderer to SOFTWARE ONLY

4. set screen resolution to 320 x 400 (pentium 166)

5. close MTM2 and start TRACKED2

Once the truck has been podded, you can change your graphics setting back.

Some graphics cards don't need these steps, but most do I believe.

I'll get to your truck later tonight....going to my mother's birthday dinner this evening....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:17 am 

Thanks bro....she hit the big seven-oh, and now I feel older...lol.

We had dinner at Black Angus Steakhouse, and the best part was when we finished, and suddenly several waiters showed up at our table, one carrying a dessert plate with a single candle, and all of them singing "HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Lol...anyway, I checked ....wait.....BigGOGGe?

(snicker)...Oh--KAYYYYY......ANYWAY, I checked Ganon's truck and found his problem I believe....

it's that famous flaw with MDMRE's TEXTURE REPLACER....you replace the old name with a new one with less letters, and the program leaves a bad character at the end of the texture filename, instead of a proper null (hex-decimal character =00) . I was able to fix it with HexWorkShop, podded it ok, and mailed it back....

I clued him to use the same number of characters in his new filenames as the original when using MDMRE's proggy...

Looking forward to your next truck project, Master_Ganon05...I think you will have better luck now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:28 am 
Glow Ball

Quote:
MDMRE's TEXTURE REPLACER....you replace the old name with a new one with less letters, and the program leaves a bad character at the end of the texture filename

So THAT'S ! how they get there, lol. We've been wondering lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:13 am 
Thanks BigDOGGe um the truck works great and it's out now in cownap.com (where we are now) and also your trick for Tracked2 didn't work so you got another trick that might work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:11 pm 

My solution only works if you are using WinXP, and your screen is scrambled when Tracked2 starts.

Tell me what happens when YOU try to start tracked2......give as many details, & error messages as you can.

NOTE: Make sure you install the retail copy of MTM2 before installing Tracked2 (no downloaded versions).

also, be sure that you place tracked2 in the Monster Truck Madness-2 game folder (same place as your art, models and TRK folders....don't give it it's own folder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:40 pm 
1. i have XP

2.when it opens i go to truck thingy then i press 1 then i time in the truck name (for example) RTK. Tracked2 just shuts off

3. i used the cd to install and thats it i don't use the cd for opening mtm2.

4. already done

that answers all your questions BigDOGGe. got any answers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:03 pm 

Yep...if tracked2 starts ok, but then crashes when you try to open a custom TRK file, then there is either a flaw in the TRK file, or there is a model or texture listed in the TRK file that is not in your ART or MODELS folder (or the files are there, but one is defective).

That's the case 99% of the time......to verify my theory, try loading a stock truck in Tracked2 like BIGFOOT.TRK and see if it opens.

remember, just press 1, then type BIGFOOT...don't include the .TRK in the name when you do. See if the bigfoot truck loads OK.

If it works or not, let us know....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:39 pm 
well i'll try it but just to let you know that i now have Binedit so when anything needs binedit i can do it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:45 pm 
Ok i tried looking in the TRK file with wordpad and nothing seemed wrong so i went to tracked2 tehn i went to truck editor then i pressed 1 then i typed in STALLION, Black Stallion came up then i pressed 1 again and i typed in RTK, Tracked2 shuts down again...

:( weird huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:41 pm 
Glow Ball

> Ok i tried looking in the TRK file with wordpad

Not wordpad. You have to use Notepad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:34 pm 

So there you go.....Tracked2 is fine...it's your truck that has problems.

I sent you your truck files back with the BIN repaired in a zip (RTK_PARTS.ZIP)

1. .....did you place them in the proper folders, or are you still using the defective version of your truck bin?

2....did you make any changes to the TRK file after I returned it to you?...... info info info!

Can you load your RTK.BIN model in Binedit without error messages?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:07 pm 
BigDOGGe CALM DOWN! now let me answer your questions

i got your zip of RTK_PARTS.ZIP but i didn't need them so i didn't use them....

1. answered above

2. no i didn't make any changes to the TRK file

3. Yes the RTK Truck loads fine in BINEDIT and the textures are intact.

now that i answered your stuff i can talk to you BigDOGGe

BigDOGGe get ready for a new truck.... i'm sending you the parts soon.... just pod em.... but if you find anything wrong that needs to be fixed just fix em ok?

Master_Ganon05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:17 pm 

Quote:
BigDOGGe CALM DOWN! now let me answer your questions

I BEG YOUR PARDON! Don't be rude.....I'm trying to help you....I ask questions because you don't supply enough information in your requests to help you properly. Nobody can help if you just say "It doesn't work. what's wrong?" I'm not a mind-reader. Nobody here is...

Don't be impolite, or else you can ask someone else to help you.

Quote:
i got your zip of RTK_PARTS.ZIP but i didn't need them so i didn't use them....

You didn't need them? Your BIN was defective....obviously you ignored advice again. I instructed you to place those parts in your folders to replace the defective ones.....If you don't listen, then it's your problem if you still have trouble bro.

Quote:
BigDOGGe get ready for a new truck.... i'm sending you the parts soon.... just pod em.... but if you find anything wrong that needs to be fixed just fix em ok?

Sigh* isn't that what I have been doing.....listen up son...listen carefully....

YOU have been drawing many complaints from other friends and members because of your responses and attitudes......I suggest you learn to speak politely and respectfully to those you seek assistance from....we aren't here to do your bidding at your beck and call.....

DON'T SAY:

1 you are going to make this or you are going to make that, with all these wonderful new features, until you learn ALL that is involved, and you have a clear idea of what is required...I reads your text of all the things you claim you will do that would tax the skills of the best of us, and then find that you can't even do a simple task such as create a POD file. DOn't bite off more than you can chew. When you finally learn HOW to do it, then start making promises......

2. If someone who knows what they are talking about tells you theres a flaw or problem with one of your "items", listen to them....don't say something like "I only want to hear positive comments"...you aren't perfect.....You are new at this, while we have been doing this stuff for several years.

3. ASK....don't give commands.....

4. When you have been instructed to not use all-capital letters in your posts, abide by those instructions.....You were warned many times, and you still kept repeating the offense.....Several of your posts were deleted outright because you kept doing so.

You are creating a bad reputation for yourself buddy....I suggest you shape up, get with the program, and wait until you have done enough to reach our level of skills and knowledge, before you mouth-off.....

NOTE some of the comments posted by 3 different established members about your actions and bad attitudes. Names have been left out, as they are irrelevant:

Quote:
Hey man, if you treat the people that download your tracks that way then I doubt they'll download it even if it IS good...

Advice hasn't seemed to sink into you though, oh well. We'll see.

and

Quote:
ok i have tried to be patient with spyke but he wont listen to anyone and when people keep giving him the same advice over and over again( take your time and make one crazy, insane, jaw dropping track and not just a bunch of little changes, here and there kinda tracks) i am done with this.

and

Quote:
Yeah, I'm through helping out too. If he'd be willing to listen, I might be willing to help...

I hope this sinks in, and isn;t just taken as an insult....it's all quite accurate.....I hope a few other members here will speak up and say what's on their mind concerning this situation...They are sorely needed.

I'm done here.....whether I am done with you is up to you...word to the wise....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:45 pm 
hmm i'll listen to advice more that i have been. so thanks Dogg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:48 pm 
Glow Ball

Computers do as they are instructed. If something doesn't work, there is only one cause. You've done something wrong. This isn't about opinions or feelings. With computers, you either do it correctly and it works, or you do it wrong and it doesn't. You can argue until you turn blue, it doesn't matter. It works when you do it right. And nothing else. And it will NEVER work until YOU learn how to do it right. And if you expect to learn around here, you better learn some manners first. We won't put up with this for much longer.

My advice to master g. Shut your mouth. Read and follow the things people are telling you. We've seen this a hundred times before. If you want to make tracks and trucks, then learn to do it properly or stop wasting our time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:49 pm 

Well anyway can anybody REVIEW my trucks that is great, RTK Truck, MDrags Truck, Ganon: Fixed and Loaded?

Because i think Ganon, Fixed and Loaded is my best because it's the first time i ever edited it in binedit besides putting the textures together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:34 pm 

truckname: "Ganon: Fixed and Loaded"

I just deleted that truck from Vales......Why?

You have been warned many many MANY times about posting text in all capital letters.

So what do you do next? Post a truck with the description in all caps. I've had enough.

Any further trucks or tracks uploaded with descriptions in all caps will be removed, and if you post any more messages in all capitals in regular threads, I will have to take stronger measures than just deleting your text.

I suggest you stop saying "oh well", shrugging your shoulders, and continuing on with your infractions....No more warnings. NO CAPS, PLEASE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:18 am 
Glow Ball

Please see the note here

http://forum.mtm2.com/viewtopic.php?p=14572#14572