MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:19 pm

Post subject: Bigfoot XVII
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:49 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

That's "17" for those that don't like Roman Numerals.

The Bigfoot that is operating over in Europe.
Get it at "me casa"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:33 am 

I've been thinking about whether or not to ask you about that one. :)

Here's another if you want to try it: Nitro Fish

http://www.monstertrucks-uk.com/gallerypiclist00.php3?picno=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:40 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Hope you like it.

Nitro has already been done. It's at: http://www.mw-gaming.com/

I won't be doing that one, I'm gonna head back to my "old" trucks, for my next one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:27 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

Why do I bother posting anything anymore?

No one ever comments, I'm just wasting space here. Which is not what I want to do.

I post to get feedback, hello?

Oh well... they must be fine. But I'm just guessing.

I miss the old days when people used to complain about stuff. This will be the last one I "brag" about, everyone can just check my site for new stuff, I'm tired of wasting my time.

No offense, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:53 pm 
Glow Ball

Quote:
Why do I bother posting anything anymore?

Because I like seeing everything new done for our game.

Unfortunately, I don't always have something useful or productive to add or comment on, and so I'm often reluctant to post for posting's sake. My time is stretched pretty thin too, but don't mistake that for indifference. Nothing could be further from the truth. Keep 'em coming, man. We want to see 'em all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:33 pm 

...same here.....I always love seeing your work, but I figured you, like I, was tired of hearing "very nice truck" again and again.

Quote:
I miss the old days when people used to complain about stuff.

I guess you stopped including errors for us to gripe about! Lol!

You've established yourself as a top-notch truck-maker long ago...Need we remind you of it over and over? [:P] I don't care if people comment or not on my trucks, as long as I see the download counter registering downloads....I know my stuff is good.....I'll take silence as proof that I struck the critics speechless [;)]

"I come not to praise Caesar, but rather to cruise his new 4x4 'round the muddy back-field a bit....'k?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:24 pm 

Well, Rep...since you're asking for comments...don't take this the wrong way, but I've always wanted to texture some of your trucks. They all look great but just something in the texturing of them is lacking...anti-aliasing, actually. Then again, I don't know what you use to create them. But, since you're asking for comments, I'd thought I'd make one. No offense intended. Honest!

I'll end with an invitation/request. I'd love to texture a truck you model, because you're one of the best rep modellers out there (and I, frankly, am not that fond of modelling!). Whaddya say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:25 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

My paintjobs look like they do because, when I first got into this, I always hated the way guys would "cut & paste" the truck's art from a picture.

If my lines are too clean, then that's why. I handpaint all my trucks, freehand. No cutting and pasting, I set a picture as my desktop wallpaper, and keep minimizing and maximizing the frame to get the proper look, and make sure it is all lined up.

Unlike alot of guys, if you watch one of my trucks in "Race Cam" mode in a replay, no matter how far away it is, you can always see what truck it is because I make my lines so clear.

At least you said something Cale, but I'm not going to change, people seem to love the fact that I do it that way, so I'm not going to stop.

I hear ya BD, "looks great" comments aren't what I'm after, I too know I'm good, but what I'm really looking for is comments on what kinds of trucks people want. It seems these days that all the "kids" want are the trucks from Monster Jam, and if anyone is waiting for any of those, then it's not going to happen. I hate MJ and I support the Pro MT series, that's real racing. But it seems to me there are plenty of guys that make those trucks anyway.

I'm very close to making a page for my site, much like the one we can create here, and make a poll. If you guys want the old stuff or the new. Am I making the stuff people want, or not?

Actually it doesn't really matter, I make what I want. I make trucks for me, myself, and I. I make the trucks I wanna race in the game, not by what others want. I love the way they look, and the way they handle. If someone can do it better, then by all means, please do.

There are plenty of better modelers than me, but I take pride in my paintjobs, and the way my trucks look, and handle. I want my trucks to haul the mail and be pretty doing it. I know I release alot of stuff often, and no one wants to comment all the time every few days, but I'd just like some feedback on what people think.

I love the old school leaf suspension trucks, those are what I grew up with, but if anyone has any comments, then post!

That's all I'm after.

I don't want this to turn into a huge request board, cuz if anyone knows me at all, they know I don't like requests. But tell me what you think, or I'm just going to stop posting all together.

I just make what I like, and what makes me happy, but if there are some trucks you'd like to see, then say so.

Coming soon are Outlaw 35 and a few others if I can get the right bodies. I really need an 80's Ford Ranger if anyone happens to run across one, please let me know. I have 3 trucks I want to make out of it. One of em is Ms. Bigfoot, the lil baby blue Ranger that Bob Chandler made. So just keep your eyes open.

I just started to feel like Rodney Dangerfield is all, no respect. Everyone praises everyone, I just want some "love" from people once in awhile, so all of my hard work seems worth it. I really bust my hump to make some of the things I do, especially in the paint dept. I went through all of my trucks to make them less laggy, and all together have reduced thousands verts to make them all "online friendly" but no one ever noticed.

Oh well... ah hell with it...
I redid my Virginia Giant, it's much better as opposed to this...
I finally matched the color of the Bigfoot's older trucks, and even made some realistic chrome wheels for BFII and III. I did it to the first 4 BF's I made, and did it to the all blue BF 8.

Sorry for complaining so much, and I think this will be the last time I change any of these BF's now, I think they are perfect now, in my eyes they are anyway.

Happy Holidays

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:22 pm 

Hey, man, I hear ya about the "Cut and paste from a picture" stuff. I remember the old reps being very washed out color-wise. Its good to have nice bright reps. And on the handpainting stuff, too. Remember my old ugly Diggers? :oops:

When I get back to school I'm gonna do a second install of MTM 2 with your trucks exclusively, call it "MTM Old School". We need more leafers and right now you are the Leaf-Man. I coulda used you bigtime when I tried the Monsters of Rock N Roar thing. Ah well.

Post subject: speaking of gripes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:33 pm 
what happened to paul? he seemed like the only person who ever told the author what was wrong with their replica.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:38 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Paul is around, he just doesn't post like he used to, I think he got tired of the mods yelling at him to back off of some people.

He was like a Pitbull on some guys, I for one appreciated it. I talk to him on my AOL messenger all the time, so I can't get rid of him no matter how much I try. That's ok, he's good company anyway.

Thanks Cale, they started an "Old School" league over at KC's, and alot of guys are using my trucks for a change, I like that. But they are allowing old school customs... whatever that means, but it seems to be a huge hit so far, the topic for it just went to 3 pages long, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:09 am 

Looks great.

Post subject: well
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:13 pm 
Im still around, but Lifes taken over, so I dont have as much time to scrutinize trucks anymore, yes sometimes I went a little overboard, but nontheless people did listen, somtimes. It wasnt so much the mods yelling at me, I just kinda ignored them(no offense) and went on doing what I was.
It was all the people whining because they werent good enuff to make the caliber rep that I was wanting, so I just gave up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:28 pm 

I wish more people would look at the reps like you used to Paul. You always pushed me to make my reps better. And now it shows.
Thanks Man.... :D

And RF, even if I dont say so all the time, I do love all your work [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:46 am 

Quote:
I handpaint all my trucks, freehand. No cutting and pasting

You're daft... and I'm right there with ya :)
Though I usually make it a little easier on myself by cutting and pasting parts of photos onto my texture to paint over as a guide.

Quote:
because I make my lines so clear

You can still do antialiasing and keep things clear. In fact, I'm of the mind that antialising can improve the clarity of paint look further, because it smooths everything out.

The problem with pixels is that they're square, so any time you try to draw a diagonal line or a curve, you get a jagged edge to it. One way to make it less noticeable is to use more (smaller) pixels, but obviously that's not efficient, so the common solution is to blend the pixels slightly to soften the edge and hide the jaggies.

It's hard to pull off and still keep it looking crisp, even with this pic here I didn't get it quite right. But if done well it improves the look of things a whole lot. If you look at the textures of the stock trucks, they all have it; that's how all professional texturing looks. With my trucks, I'm always trying to emulate the stock textures, and though all I really did with most of my early trucks was smudge the paint, I think I'm getting better.

Back then, of course, I didn't have a 3D card, so without even the blurred textures looked better than nothing. Like pixel city, it was :P

Don't get me wrong, clear lines like yours are fine in many circumstances, but sometimes you get things that can't be properly drawn with just discreet pixels, and need to blend things a bit.

Quote:
what I'm really looking for is comments on what kinds of trucks people want

Well personally, I like the contemporary stuff and I also like collecting Bigfoots. I have a few of the recent Bigfoot variations in my game (mostly yours) and I pounced on this download as soon as I saw it to add it to that collection (a contemporary Bigfoot? Yes please!). For the rest, anything goes but as I say I tend toward the current stuff. I've never seen a Monster Jam or Pro MT telecast so for me, as far as reps are concerned (or customs or anything for that matter), it just comes down what I see and like the look of in the game.

Quote:
Actually it doesn't really matter, I make what I want.

The way it should be, that's my philosphy too. If you did it to make everyone else happy, it'd be work.

Happy New Year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:01 pm 

some people say that when they lave the mtm2 community
"I'm tired of making everything that people ask for and want to see"
-very silly

I cant remember the last time that someone asked for a truck to be made out of the adobe home model from - oh whats the name of htat long flat track - but it's one of my best trucks and i had much fun making it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:06 pm 
Glow Ball

> oh what's the name of that long flat track

tumbleweed flats.

And you've done some other fun ones too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:06 pm 
easy company

Quote:
Quote:
Actually it doesn't really matter, I make what I want.

The way it should be, that's my philosphy too. If you did it to make everyone else happy, it'd be work.

RepFan you're not even capable of making a bad truck, I have all your stuff and probably wouldn't like them half as much if it wasn't done exactly how you wanted them to be... keep it up man, you too D2S.

>> You're daft...

That my friends is not your normal (stock) mtm2 cow we've grown to love and admire over the years, no no no, that is a SUPER cow wrought in binedit and psp through many many grueling hours and buckets of sweat to create the ultimate bovine for your racing pleasure...

yeah right.... but hey, it's stuff like that, believe it or not that keeps me undaft.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:31 pm 

Quote:
Though I usually make it a little easier on myself by cutting and pasting parts of photos onto my texture to paint over as a guide.

My more recent trucks (including Ecology Eliminator and my upcoming First Blood 1993) use logos that were taken from pictures and books (Eco's logos come from a coloring book!) that are rebuilt in PSP. I reduce them down to two colors to get the outlines, and then recolor and soften them. I'm really proud of how Eco came out, it looks fantastic, compared to my older reps.

Quote:
With my trucks, I'm always trying to emulate the stock textures, and though all I really did with most of my early trucks was smudge the paint, I think I'm getting better.

Exactly, my goal is always to have my truck blend in with the stock trucks. Just a preference, really.

Rep, just let me get back to school and watch your d-load numbers go up, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:06 pm 

Lol Mal...that's a right-nice BAD-BOY BOVINE BAYOU BUGGY ya got ther'...talk about mad cow on the rampage!