MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm

Post subject: Gentle Ben
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:44 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

Finally done. Now that I have a decent 1970 Chevy body, I should redo my other trucks... sigh, I don't think so. [:P]

Thanks to Malibu for the excellent mapping job on the box for me, this truck literally wouldn't be done without your help. Get it at my place for now, when I get some time later I'll upload it here too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:05 pm 

Excellent job, that looks great!

I d-loaded a bunch of your trucks the other day and I do believe that I had not until then realized how detailed they are. Only problem was that I get the flood the world thing with them. Oh well. ZooN Coasters 1 and 2 are now a real trip racing Bigfoot 4, Bear Foot 2, Skoal Crusher and AM/PM Boss on it [yum] !

Oh, I'd like to use that 70's Chevy too...I tried AM/PM Boss and Rocket years ago (Rock N Roar pack), and I'd love to give them another go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:42 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

To fix the flooding, just turn off all your game reflections, everything will be fine then.

If you want to use the body, go ahead. I'll be using it to redo my AM/PM twins, and my USA-1's and my Carolina Crusher 1.

It's kinda vert intensive, but alot of that can be cut down, just by adding one big panel as a bed cover, and delete all those inside the box faces. That's what I plan to do. I should have done it to this too, but I like the open bed no matter how others feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:03 pm 
easy company

What most people don't realize unless they've tried it first hand is how hard it is to get textures to look as good as you do ... it aint easy to get the right colors and detail working right with the relatively small textures and a palette with only 256 colors available, I liken it to attempting to paint the head of a pin for all to see under a big microscope when it's done lol, I certainly can't do it and there have only been a small handfull over the past six years who could as well as you.

GB looks great man :o)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:50 am 

Yup, i agree with Mal . The art work in Rep's trucks (all of them) make them more piece to collect than trucks to crash on the track. This one is no exection. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:12 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

I redid my Original Carolina Crusher too, man I love this body. Now it looks much more realistic.

Thanks for all the great comments guys, I'll never be the modeler that BD is, but for only my second body it's pretty good. I got the detail part down, if I could learn to mold stuff a little better so it isn't so laggy, and learn to make things from scratch a little better, I'll get there someday.

Actually, for me the painting is the easy part, it's all the modeling that hurts my stuff. I updated the truck uploaded here with this new one too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:12 am 

I disagree...you're modelling is excellent. Trust me, I hate modelling and I wish it was a heck of a lot easier, I just don't have the patience for it. You do everything custom and it just blows me away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:23 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

I also redid my all time favorite truck, USA-1... the ORIGINAL, I love this thing.

Once I know it's perfect, I'll post it too. I think I'm very close so far. I'm trying to cut down the verts as it is now. Next will be my white USA-1, then the AM/PM twins. Then I have to move on to something else... sigh... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:02 pm 

Quote:
Thanks for all the great comments guys, I'll never be the modeler that BD is,

Lol...your modeling skills are right up there with mine bro.....but I have yet to reach the truck-painting level you have achieved, ....very sweet.

What I have is a wild imagination for unique designs that might actually work in the real world...You can thank George Barris and other childhood heros like him for that ability....I have many times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:15 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

I think we both come from the same school, George Barris, George Trosley, Hot Wheels, etc.

I have a long way to go to be the modeler you are tho, I just cut stuff up to make what I need, as far as making stuff from scratch... you're the man.

But, painting... not to brag... I think I'm pretty much out in front of everyone, but I used to do it for a living.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:18 pm 

Quote:
What I have is a wild imagination for unique designs that might actually work in the real world...You can thank George Barris and other childhood heros like him for that ability....I have many times.

That's interesting...I've always looked at your trucks at being "out there", and yet they seem as if they would not be that out of place at a real monster truck show.

And Rep-the cut up stuff method is what I use too [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:49 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

*Edit*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:13 pm 

Oh goodness...hehe...I hope the 1989 USA-1 is on there too, I'd love to see it under 1400 so I could give people a shot at using it in NTNT and showcase it a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:09 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Finally done!
Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:11 am 
Glow Ball

Looks good. Looks real good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:30 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?