MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:23 am

Post subject: War Wagon by Truck_Crusher3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:42 pm 
easy company

This truck was made about a year ago by War (Ti_War) not Truck_Crusher3.

http://www.warsplace.com/

http://mtm2.com/~trucks/trucks.cgi?sear ... n&truck=on

Upload removed.

IP of bogus uploader noted. (212.113.***.***)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:33 pm 

Fine by me. I have no sad feelings for WAR, since he failed to include any credits in the ZIP for the parts he used (like my gun turret, 50-cal machine guns, and guided missiles). Why do people find it so hard to include a read-me file with their truck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:22 am 

Because they just download tons of stuff that looks cool from a scrapyard and then they plop it all int he models folder and then they goto the BE model browser and the pcik out cool stuff and merge it into the model and by the time they have finished the truck there is no way to tell what models came from where - or rathe there is - go browse the scrapyards till u find each piece - but that's not nearly as much fun as building the truck so people dont do it. I have been in that situation before. You sorta feel bad not including credits but it's just such a pain to go find all the people's names.

Maybe BE should keep track of the author of each model and then when you merge models it merged the author lists of the models.

Yea- every model should be able to have a title and an author. Then when u merge them in BE BE merges the title/author lists. Then when u finish a model you can just open the final model and hit - print credits to README. and when i say readme i mean a txt file with the same name as the truck cause readme.txt has to be the most common file name in the entire world - stop using it - they all overwrite eachother.

So yea. that's an idea for BE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:26 pm 

lol thats not as bad as whats going on in evo2 right now. lately, weve been having several people under different names (or it could be once person under several names) that keeps uploading vehicles they have already downloaded just because they like them. they dont give a description, or picture. and they often name it something else to make people think they made it. they even include the same files the original authors put in their zips. the ingame name is still the same, the trk file still the same, same picture in zip, same readme. yet, somehow, they think other people will think that they made it. oy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:51 pm 
easy company

Once upon a time someone cloned my old daytona track and built a drag track in the middle of it and released it with a readme that said he couldn't remember who made the original track lol. I didn't get mad, I was just blown away at the stupidity involved... Luckily, I was a track checker-outer at the old vales so I just edited his readme a tad then reuploaded the track :)

> Yea- every model should be able to have a title and an author.

something like that would have to be password protected or it would not help a thing... i'll work on it just as soon as we get the mp3 player working properly [:P]