MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

Post subject: blueovalboy88 and anyone else it applies to...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:37 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Man, what's the deal?

I don't remember if you asked me or not to use this truck, and since I've been away for the short time I have, I frankly forgot. But since I think you did, I'll go easy...

But I do remember telling whoever it was that asked me here a few weeks ago to use one of my trucks, I said yes. But I remember saying, something to the fact NOT to do what you did.

Here's the deal, the truck you "repainted" and call "yours", that doesn't fly with me. First off, you made "Chevy Killer" and all you did was paint over the Bigfoot logos, and uploaded it. Then your "Chevy Killer Update", it's the exact same truck, I don't see any difference between the 2. But I know I told the person that PM'd me and asked, and if was you, then this applies... I said, "Don't just repaint my truck, and not change anything else on it" Far as I'm concerned, your truck was made by ME.

Then you tried to credit me in the 1st truck, but called it my "Bigfoot II". That is The Original Bigfoot, from the movie "Take This Job and Shove It". I said to give proper credit, that means to tell anyone who reads it, that there is no question of "Who made what". So it should say, "the whole truck was made by Rep Fan, and all I did was paint over the Bigfoot logos, on his Bigfoot I movie truck from the movie..." That is to the point, it's correct, and it's the right thing to do.

If you're going to give credit, do it and do it right. That is my truck, you didn't change anything. If all you're going to do is paint over the logos on my reps and call them yours, then we're going to have a serious problem. Anyone can do that, if thats all you wanted to do, then keep it to yourself. Repainting an already great truck, doesn't make you a truck maker. There is also NO mention of who did all the hard work on the body for me "Malibu350" like I stated in my truck's orig Text file.

THEN, you didn't even bother to make a text file for "Chevy Killer Update". I had that one removed from this site. Use my trucks if you want to, but change it, make it your own truck. Paint it another color, change the wheels, do something. Far as I'm concerned, Chevy Killer and CKU, were made by me, and therefore I don't want you uploading anymore of MY trucks.

It's like everyone that keeps making all these trucks lately, and all they are, are repaints of Slick's reps, and how he doesn't completely freak out on each person that does that, is beyond my realm of understanding. But no one is going to do that to my trucks. I bust my butt on my trucks. Lights that work, perfectly lined up parts, perfect paint, excellent handling, that's what makes a truck maker.

Now I know, "The rookies have to start somewhere" I understand that, I've been there, we've ALL been there. But every truck I did what you did to when I started, are still here on my HD and the public has never seen them. These 2 trucks shouldv'e stayed that way too. If you or anyone else does it or this again, or to me, you WILL copy my credit file to yours, and you WILL give proper credit to all the people involved in the making of MY truck, then under all that, you post what you did to change it.

This part is for everyone...

Unless you start making your own trucks, this is just a start. I'm actually really upset about this, and I get that way each and every time I see something like this uploaded here, and I always say something to that person, which the post goes un-answered. I'm sick of seeing this, and I want it to stop. If you can't give proper credit to the people who did the work, then don't touch mine or anyone elses stuff. New guys have to start somewhere, I get that, but put yourself in our shoes... You busted your butt to make a killer truck or track, its perfect, you're very proud of how it turned out, then you see someone upload the exact same truck or track with a new paintjob, and gives you NO credit... you'd be a lil PO'd too.

That's why we edit for this game, to make what we like, and to create. If you want to repaint something, do it to a stock truck. If you want to do that sort of thing to mine, DON'T upload it. Keep it to yourself, and have fun with it, pass it to a few buddies, I don't care as long as I don't see it. I think I've said enough, hopefully this type of thing will stop, but I seriously doubt it. But I'm not going anywhere, and if takes me flying off the handle on everyone that does this, then I will. I've got the time.

Have some respect people, If I use or edit anyone's parts, I say so. EVERY truck I've made, has a text file in it. Wether it says, "All parts were made by me" it still lets everyone know who did what. If I start out with someone else's body and edit it to make the truck I make, I say so. ALL this type of thing does, is cause tension and bad rants... like this one.

If I see this again no matter who you are, I will have your truck deleted, and hopefully if this happens to anyone else, hopefully you will stand up and say something too.

Post subject: apology
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:31 pm 

I admire your work greatly, and in NO way meant to claim it all (if it is taken that way) as my own work, I was a little excited about the truck. But I did give you credit in the Read Me file. Also, I did change a few things on the truck, I relocated the hood scoop forward, changed a few textures, plus I merged a few vertices and cleaned it up. Finally, I did ask you to use the truck. But still this does not "exclude" me from your opinion. If this is not an adequate apology feel free to send me an e-mail so we can settle this. I hope you are not offended. I understand that you are PO'd about this and I am sorry. I really loved the truck and wanted it to make it personal.

The Bigfoot II text was a mistype, I apologize. I will take in effect immediately the crediting system you specify. Once again sincere apologies for the misunderstanding. Thanks for presenting this to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:01 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

Like I said, I don't care what you did to it, but if you put it next to my truck its the same truck, it doesn't look any different, only plain.

I'm getting over it, but just don't do that sort of thing. Make it a lighter blue, change the wheels, change rollbars, something is all I ask, make it completely different than my truck, and if you only want to change a few things, great, just keep it on your HD.

I see this sort of thing all the time, and it really bugs me. Just be an idividual is all I ask, and be different. I'm being this way about that truck, because I've been hearing for years now, "Someone should make that truck from the movie..." yet no one did. So I finally did, and I'm really proud of it, and I don't want to see it destroyed, not that you did, but you know what I mean.

Just don't upload any more versions of it, unless they are really different than mine. I don't want to sound like I'm the only one who can make it, its just kind of a personal fave truck I've always wanted made, and no one else would step up, so I did, and I just don't want anyone else taking all the credit for a truck I made that looks exactly like it, ya know?

I'll let this go, just please keep any more changes to it on your hard drive and to yourself. If you upload one thats exactly the same, only orange, I won't say a word. That sort of thing, just be different is all I ask.

Thanks