MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

Post subject: King Krunch 2001 by jetmonkeyj
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:04 am 
MTM2 Engineer

Hey.. that's a nice flag ; ) But incorrect, perhaps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Chile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Texas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:07 am 

Oh man, do I feel stupid. [uhoh]

My apologies to all the Texans on the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:58 am 

That's really not that big of a mistake. I could have very well made the same one had i been making the truck. Don't worry about it jet, it's a beautiful truck and that's all that matters [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:39 am 

Nice truck Jet! King Krunch and Destroyer are my 2 favorite trucks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:22 am 

Fix the flag :x

oh and the body and chassis and wheel base need to be lengthend, paint looks good tho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:17 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

Paulcurtis2 wrote:

it looks better IMHO [;)]

you guys stole that flag from us anyway :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:25 pm 

Paulcurtis2 wrote:

oh and the body and chassis and wheel base need to be lengthend, paint looks good tho

I don't see much point just to release it again after over 100 people have DL'd it just because of a little goof like the flag. Please just try to ignore it.

Also, I really don't think the body and chassis need lengthening, I spent a lot of time looking at pictures of this one and I think its spot on. But I never rule out any suggestions my critics make so I could be wrong. [;)]

Wow, my first review from the legendary Paul Curtis! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:37 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

Well, I think you should fix it, since it's a replica. Send an email to Phin with your new truck. He would be glad to help.

Post subject: well
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:57 pm 

I've given this one another once over, and i'm kinda baffled, and i think i know why, the frame is good, except the front sits to high, needs to be lower on the front shocks but the body, well the body just doesn't look right on it, its to square, and its to bulky, and this version(blue shocks, 88-98 body GM body, 00 GMC nose, odd huh) the nose had a much sharper down angle than what you've givin it,.

despite all that, and the Flag, please change the flag, its an affront, its still the best version of this truck that's been released by a long shot

Yes, i speak in very loooong run on sentences

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:28 pm 

Paul, while I value your opinion like everyone else, I think you are over evaluating this a bit. I don't know what your talking about when you talk about the body, it looks fine to me, plus its the only good GMC body out there so what can I do? I did my best and maybe the nose could have been a bit lower, but this was a learner truck for me, as I was still getting the hang of bin edit.

This version of KK is very difficult to replicate for any truck maker, and I did my best and I'm happy with it. But this whole flag thing is starting to get to me a bit, I mean I know I got it wrong and one comment would have been sufficient. I don't need to be reminded every post that its incorrect. I mean, I'm a guy from British Columbia, so I'm not an expert on flags, so when I saw it, it looked like what I thought was the Texan flag. HONEST MISTAKE! It's been beat'n to death and I'll fix it.

All in all, I did the best I could with what I had. I'm happy with it, most of the people around the mtm2 community seam to be happy with it, and if your not happy with it, I am truly sorry. My goal every time I make a truck is to make the perfect rep, but I've learned since then, I'm still learning, and I'll continue to learn.

I hope you can enjoy it for what it is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:54 pm 
Glow Ball

You know, given that our resident Kmaster resides in chile, I think the flag mishap is kind of fun. If it was me, I'd leave it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:29 pm 

Phineus wrote:
You know, given that our resident Kmaster resides in chile, I think the flag mishap is kind of fun. If it was me, I'd leave it.

Agreed, the truck looks great as is and needs no changing. There's no reason to be so nit picky, just enjoy the work at hand :)

Post subject: easy big fella
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:32 pm 

hey, don't get so jumpy, I was talking about the flag in jest man, its no big deal. i wasn't trying to tear down your work, i was pointing out the differences as something to learn from, not to berate you. I realize this is a difficult truck to make a replica of, look at the other ones, some made by pretty talented people, and there not much compared to yours, on a side note, you did have to pick the hardest version of that King Krunch to make, the 99-02 GMC downsloped nose on the 88-98 GM truck body is just, well odd, making more of a challenge than the 88-98 Chevy body, 03 Chevy body, 98 Dodge body that ran on that frame w/ that scheme....... someone likes to do things the hard way me thinks [(-:]

point in fact, there was even a 99 Ford body ran on that truck a time or two(now that was odd), used to be some pics on monsterphotos, but there gone now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:02 am 

Alright man, I understand. If you haven't figured out by now I like to make sure everything on my trucks are perfect. And even if a few things aren't quite right it ticks me off. lol

Ya, I chose the GMC version for a few reasons. 1 because there wasn't a decent replica of it yet, 2 it was one of my favorite KK bodies, and 3 I do like a good challenge. [;)]