MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:27 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:34 pm 
Glow Ball

First, kudos to Roadknight for releasing a custom.

> It is a bit selfish but its their choice and there is nothing anyone can do about it

Actually, there is plenty that can be done. We could stop paying the bills, let the sites close down, and find something else to do. Believe it or not but we also have a radio site/orum that could take 24/7 of my time if I wanted to get that involved. So there's no reason to suppose why we should continue paying the bill for other's selfishness. I'm not saying that's going to happen tomorrow, but if selfishness becomes the dominant trend then I can see no reason to carry on as we have in the past, which, by the way, has been done because people have NOT been selfish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:41 pm 

Well, coming from a 100% replica maker myself, I can tell you that these kind of topics are really disheartening to see. When people think that there are "too many" replicas being made makes you wanna quit making trucks to be honest with you. We put countless hours of work into these trucks and this is more or less a slap in the face.

Sure, we can go back to the early 2000's again and pump out as many quick customs as you want, but I bet if that were to happen, people would say "where are all the replicas?" I'm sorry if what I am saying offends anyone, but what was being said offended me.

I've made a few customs in my day, thats where the whole Stuntman 4x4 race team comes from, and I can tell you the reason I don't release it is because I am using it in leagues. That is why most customs now a days don't get released. Once I am threw with it and have moved on to a new personal truck, I guaranty you I will release it.

Again, please keep in mind this is my feelings on the subject, and I'm not trying to start and argument.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:43 pm 

Jet wrote:
Well, coming from a 100% replica maker myself, I can tell you that these kind of topics are really disheartening to see. When people think that there are "too many" replicas being made makes you wanna quit making trucks to be honest with you. We put countless hours of work into these trucks and this is more or less a slap in the face.

Sure, we can go back to the early 2000's again and pump out as many quick customs as you want, but I bet if that were to happen, people would say "where are all the replicas?" I'm sorry if what I am saying offends anyone, but what was being said offended me.

I've made a few customs in my day, thats where the whole Stuntman 4x4 race team comes from, and I can tell you the reason I don't release it is because I am using it in leagues. That is why most customs now a days don't get released. Once I am threw with it and have moved on to a new personal truck, I guaranty you I will release it.

Again, please keep in mind this is my feelings on the subject, and I'm not trying to start and argument.

Exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:55 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

E J D wrote:

4XF is all I really make, but when I have time I'm going to tear it up with some non-4XF customs. I have a few awesome paint schemes in mind, but as I said, I just need some more time. I do hope to though.

Personally, I don't like making replicas. Too much detail to worry about, and you have to get everything right. With a custom you can just do whatever you want, which I very much prefer.

I'll always be a customs man... we should form some kind of "custom truck allegiance" lol
[cheers]

Count me in. You know that your 4XF series has always been one of my favs.

Cale, awesome job with that ICrush truck, I love the design and the paintjob.

I've made custom repaints too heh, in fact, I started the Dark Killer fictional series since 2002

But i don't think they get the attention that a replica gets, you can see that in the number of downloads, but I still make em anyway, all I have to say I do this for love of the game

You guys shouldn't be offended by this kinda topic. We all (at least speaking for the racing community) would love to see both more replicas and more customs. I think is okay to a person to say that theres too many reps. For us this is the only way to tell you guys that we would love to see your creations too, we are not saying that you guys should stop makin reps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:00 pm 

Kmaster wrote:
You guys shouldn't be offended by this kinda topic. We all (at least speaking for the racing community) would love to see both more replicas and more customs. I think is okay to a person to say that theres too many reps. For us this is the only way to tell you guys that we would love to see your creations too, we are not saying that you guys should stop makin reps.

Fair enough Kmaster. And now that I know how you guys feel, I will seriously consider releasing some of my customs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:03 pm 

"we should form some kind of "custom truck allegiance" lol"

I'm in. :)

I might make some "weird" trucks, I don't think someone has made one of those in a while. The trucks covered in guns, toilets on wheels etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:32 pm 

After seeing this thread I realized I haven't been using my regular custom truck so here you go. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:00 pm 

Phineus wrote:
> I can't think of any issue about giving them all the same tires, its pretty close to the truth anyways.

Speaking as somebody who worked in the tire business, I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with that one.

I dunno about u but if you put 1 giant tractor tire and another giant tractor tire infront of me, I can't tell the difference lol

and a thought, no body knows if in a year or 2, draggin will die off and cricuits will become the main stream again (the fact that I can measure this in years, making it what, 13 years since releasE? is fightning lol) and the draggers will be able to make threads about why no drag tracks and no replicas and stuff. we could do full circle. Ya never know .... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:37 pm 

Just a few things I'd like to say.

1. Replicas are in high demand right now. The "draggers" try to replicate realistic events all the time, thus it's more likely to see replica trucks and tracks rather than customs.

2. In Monster Jam, the vast majority of trucks run off of maybe 3 different chassis. There's no need to be "creative" and not "rip off" slickster's stuff when it's the best around and easily the most accurate.

3. Many custom trucks get made, but never get released because people don't want to allow their setups that they use for online leagues to be available to other people, aka competitors. You don't see Dennis Anderson walking over to Tom Meents and saying "Hey Tom, use such and such shock setup for the night, it'll help you get around the corners quicker." However, people ARE too lazy to go into binedit and put the Y axis back at -3.8, name it a different pod, and release it to the public (like I've done with many of my trucks).

4. It's not hard to learn how to make a custom truck, especially some of the stuff that you USED to see back in the older days, where there were no custom paintjobs, just a mosh of scrapyard parts put together to make a cool looking truck. I admit, some of em look pretty good, and that's what I mostly made my first go-around in MTM2. However, many of us nowadays want to create trucks that look like they would be competing in Monster Jam, and thus use many of the same parts as replica trucks, and don't use some of the crazy stuff that you may see on the customs.

I'm sorry if you feel there are too many customs, but if you look at 2 years ago, some people were complaining that we had a lack of good replica makers and there were nothing but customs being made. Sorry, but you can't expect the dragging community to please everyone, so really, just stop complaining about not enough custom trucks and not enough circuits. We make what we want to make, and I'm sorry it's not what YOU want too. There are few people in the "circuit community" that produce trucks, although I do see some circuits and rumbles from time to time. My truck making tutorial applies to more than just "drag trucks", it's the same principal. Pull stuff off of other people's trucks, or make your own stuff, repaint it, slap it together, and call the creation your own with credit given to people that made the original parts. That's the way it's been for, what, 10 years now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:44 pm 

This threads good really. Still means people crave more stuff to be made for the game and interest is still at a high level. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:53 am 
Glow Ball

runt9 wrote:
You don't see Dennis Anderson walking over to Tom Meents and saying "Hey Tom, use such and such...

In the early days Jim Koehler had a LOT of problems with Avenger's steering. Who tried to help? Dennis Anderson.

Yes, Dave, I agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:18 am 

Kmaster wrote:
You know that your 4XF series has always been one of my favs.

Wow, no I didn't! Thanks dude, that's awesome of you. [cheers]

Dark Killer is great too [(-:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:25 am 

DaveTheSmasher wrote:
This threads good really. Still means people crave more stuff to be made for the game and interest is still at a high level. 8)

And that people are willing to fight to the death over an issue that doesn't exist :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:12 am 

I've always been more about customs over replicas personally. Trucks like inferno, high voltage, and brutality are what i'm all about.

I'm an artist at heart, so i love being able to do what i want in trucks and tracks(gladiator coliseum for example) and not having to worry about making something exactly like how it really is. I'll still make replicas, but if i didn't care about pleasing others, it would be all customs.

In the past, i just wasn't good enough to make replicas very well, so i mostly stuck to customs and ended up loving it. Once i started to get the hang of modeling, i really began to make full replicas and that's also when i got more motivation to make high detailed paint jobs.

Personally, i hope replicas continue to be made because it gives guys like me more opportunities to make customs and fully enjoy what i do. I don't think there is too much of anything on this game, there is something for everybody and it will hopefully always be that way.

speaking of all of this custom talk, i'm gonna be releasing a new inferno and a special sponsored truck for a buddy of mine that's sponsored by the team. I think you guys will like it a lot, i plan on making it pretty vibrant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:55 am 

I will make replicas but only 80s trucks because for me they are the only trucks that matter. (No offence to Monster Jam fans).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:34 am 

no 50s trucks :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:57 am 

I have uploaded a fixed version of Inferno, the hood is no longer transparent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:26 am 
MTM2 Engineer

Slayer wrote:
no 50s trucks :p

lol

Well, for me its all 90s trucks. Maybe cuz Power Wheels is my favorite truck. Maybe cuz it was fun to see Bigfoot and Grave Digger head to head. Maybe cuz PENDA was awesome. I dunno. I'm not a very big fan of Monster Jam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:19 pm 

I love monster jam, with out it, i don't think this sport would be nearly as popular and this game would probably be dead. You can whine all day about monster jam ruining the sport, when in reality, it's just broadening it and you don't like where it's going.

I hear it all the time from the old school fans. I understand you like your old trucks with little technology, but nobody wants to see that today, they want the top of the line equipment being pushed to the edge every week and they want to see high paced monster truck action mixed with vibrant and artistic paint jobs, mainly the kids. This sport is just revolutionizing and you don't want to move on from the old school days, but that doesn't mean you should go around talking down on something that's turned monster truck racing/freestyle into a world wide phenomenon.

I have no grudge against anybody who likes old school, but it does get quite annoying when i constantly hear about how great the old times were and how the sport is just a big joke today. I could easily say the opposite as the trucks back then were far from being the high priced piece of technological genius that it is today. You can stick with the old school all you want, personally, i plan on sticking with the times and enjoying every bit of it like the majority of the monster truck fan base.

That's just my two cents on the matter. I hear it from the old school fans so much, that i just had to give my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:25 pm 

Well sorry but it is silly that trucks are just built to get destroyed.

It's not even racing anymore, yes there is the qualifying in Monster Jam, but everyone goes to see the freestyle.

Plus is saddening that so much time goes into building the trucks and then they just get wrecked up again in freestyle. Plus it's wasting money.

Monster trucking has just become motocross with 4X4s.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next