MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

Post subject: Patrick Chassis by PM Customs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:00 am 

I noticed that this was released with no picture or credit file so I checked it out to be safe and saw that there are several parts from various users slapped onto my frame and the verts are massively reduced.

Could a mod please at least take this down until at least a credit file is included.

http://mtm2.com/~trucks/dl.cgi?dl=5473

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:45 am 

if the verts are massivly reduced, how is it your frame? I'm confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:07 pm 

It's just a simple procedure in binedit, kind of like reducing the quality of an image to lower the size.

The chassis is basically various parts from other users that got zero credit for it myself included.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:03 pm 

did he do a nice job or a *stuff* one?

Are these parts from the scrapyard or actually taken from another truck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:51 pm 

He didn't really do much of anything. He took my frame and slaughtered it while throwing some various parts from other users and not crediting anybody. Imagine you spent a week painting a detailed portrait of something and you are proud as hell of it. Now some guy walks over and erases half the detail in it and replaces a few things in it and releases it as his own work, that wouldn't make you too happy would t?

I don't care that he released it, but he gave nobody credit at all. So the next time you see this frame on a truck, chances are this guy is gonna get credit for all the work even though he didn't do anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:34 pm 

to be honest I probably wouldn't have noticed, the sound of your first post makes it seem like you are simply trolling the truck uploads looking for something that could be plagerized. Unless you have some digital signature, how do you know its your frame, you said quality reduced, well than what is to say he didn't see a picture of yours, said thats a great idea, and he remade it himself, and just didn't do as good of a job as you did. Does that honestly sound unbelievable to you?
He used parts from others? Who doesn't? Why reinvent the wheel, we don't give credit to the inventor of the wheel every time we use it now do we?
Your argument is he didn't give credit, but you have no solid proof that any of it isn't his work.
And even if he did take your stuff and reuse it, why should it be taken down? You apperently already know to who everything belongs, add the credits yourself.

No credits and no picture, sounds like someone tried their hand at binedit and wanted to upload their work. Those darn rookies eh.

Perhaps a message can be added to the uploading page that says to include a credits text file for where all the parts came from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:00 pm 

Why are you trying to argue simple truth? I'm kindly asking that something be fixed because my hard work is being thrown around and stolen. I don't make things for people to call it their own work, there is nothing more to this. No argument is needed, just a simple credit file so people like me don't have to deal with our hard work being taken and our name is suddenly gone from existence on my own work. That is called plagiarism, something this world frowns upon if you haven't noticed.

I know it is my work because I opened it in binedit and it was very obvious that it is my frame, VERY obvious. Saying that I troll the pages looking for this is absolute crap, how many uploads are there weekly? It isn't hard to notice something like this especially when it is even a similar name to the chassis I released. It's called thought process.

You haven't made anything as far as i know so i don't understand why you are even trying to argue this whole issue, or even trying to make an argument out of this in the first place. Again, this is simple plain truth and I'm simply asking for a small fix. Stop trying to make such a big deal out of this small request.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:10 pm 
Glow Ball

A couple notes.

This is the same one zipped in a folder that I posted about in the general area. Now this. I could wish he'd acknowledge the discussion.

I have not removed it yet for the sake of the link. Removing it just makes him wonder why it disappeared. The link, if he's curious enough to click it, will provide the reasons. We're not working to deadlines here, so better he knows the lay of the land so he doesn't repeat it over again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:38 pm 

actually i have made a lot.
http://trevorsarchives.selfip.net/archi ... tracks.htm

And all of it is made of pieces of other peoples work, I can personally say I would have been very discouraged if my tracks suddenly started disappearing for an unknown reason. I never gave credit to any of these people? why not, I don't know where it came from, I prolly opened every track I had, extracted it, then got to work, I have never had backlash from it, why should I, I took someones beautiful work and used it as my own to make another beautiful work.

Would I care if someone extracted my files and used my work as their own? No I wouldn't, because if thats how we all opperated, we would never get anywhere as a community.

This guy obviously didn't know he should give credit, he probably thought free trucks, free run.
Don't hate him for it, otherwise I'm gonna request your trucks be taken down cause you used binedit and didn't give proper credit to the makers of binedit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:41 pm 

Ok, First off, I got the main frame off an old Blue Thunder Truck. I probably couldn't find it if I tried, but I think it was the '08 Blue Thunder Pack. I don't remember who made it. However, I did get the roll cage from ( I THINK) one of your Eradicators,White. And I got and re-shaped the back glass from your Patrick Chassis. I meant no harm and I sure don't want any trouble! Remember, I'm fairly new to this, especially posting stuff. So I still have some learning to do. Alright,I get it. But I may not stick around much longer if this is how I'm gonna' be treated for a simple mistake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:55 pm 

I meant to mention that for some reason, none of my recent up-loads will up-load with a picture. I do what the prompts tell me to, but when I see the up-load stats, it says "no picture". :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:38 pm 

I've re-uploaded with a read-me. I've also replaced the tires because I know where those came from. Plus, I fixed a small problem on the front. one of the bars connecting the frame to the roll cage on the front was out of place. The one on the right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:14 pm 
Glow Ball

> I may not stick around much longer if this is how ...

Okay, calm down. White was bringing something to your attention, nothing more.

> I've re-uploaded with a read-me.

[tu]

You still put a folder inside the zip tho :(

> none of my recent up-loads will up-load with a picture.

100 kb limit on jpgs. Other file formats don't work. It's a server space thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:37 pm 

>>This guy obviously didn't know he should give credit, he probably thought free trucks, free run.

Again, you're massively blowing this out of proportion. I'm simply trying to fix an error and PM kindly went ahead and took care of it. Now because of you he thinks this is a bigger deal than it needed to be.

I have no problems with anybody using my work and never will, I don't know where you are getting this from, but I'm getting sick of hearing it. I'm just asking for people to give proper credit like I've done my entire life in this game along with just about every tr*ck maker out there. It is a simple process that keeps all the work in order and people can understand where everything is coming from. Just like everything else produced in the world. Please stop trying to make such a fuss about such a simple little thing.

Thanks PM for taking the time to add that in, I appreciate it. I like the frame by the way, very nice work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:29 am 

i've yet to see a picture of it :)

some day i should try and get mtm2 to work again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:06 am 

*Edited for having found problem*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:43 pm 

PM Customs wrote:
But I may not stick around much longer if this is how I'm gonna' be treated for a simple mistake.

That's what I said... and then it came true, then became false, then became true again, then became false.

What I'm trying to say is, "You can't leave the ones you enjoy."

As in...

I left, I came back, I left, I came back.

Last edited by TlathamXmahtalT on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:05 am 

white2098 wrote:
I have no problems with anybody using my work and never will.

What?

What about WF1?

I'm working on a new one, but...

No problems?

I tried for it to be a replica.

You said the crowd was only used FOR replicas.

This next one will be better.

And hopefully BE a replica.

Not trying to start any problems from the past up again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:36 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:34 am