MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

Post subject: SAMSON 2009 not by JerOutlaw
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:19 pm 

Wanna thank ya for trashing SAMSONaN [sarcasm] by stretching the body and adding more crap and giving me little credit for the 2 weeks i spent making it!
http://forum.mtm2.com/viewtopic.php?t=4946
I put 2 weeks in that awesome replica and you come along and throw some junk addon parts to it and say you built it yourself ya loser.... i spent a week alone just mapping the paint so it fit perfectly.

Good luck with your plageristic truck making style : 2 Thumbs down to you bro and thanks for the cred..it's spewed all over that forum link who made that truck..lol .. everybody already knows who did..you just wasted your time makin it look stupid.
OLD_NICKatNITE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:37 pm 

Plagiarist :

Noun.

One who plagiarizes, or purloins the words, writings, or ideas of another, and passes them off as his own; a literary thief; a plagiary.

That's pretty sad, JerOutlaw.

Now, I'm not a truck maker, but I do make tracks.

This would be like finding out that someone took one of my tracks, and flattened out a few hills, and made a few jumps, and added a few track objects, and then called it their own track.

I know how long ONaN spent making that truck. I know the blood, sweat, and tears he put into that and it came from his heart.

It can't feel good for someone else to come along and make some minor changes and then have the gall to create a screen shot of it boasting "By JerOutlaw".

http://www.cownap.com/~trucks/truckpic.cgi?resize=on&thistruck=5540

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:42 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

lol, i'm not surprised. It's the new trend now-a-days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:44 pm 

Kmaster wrote:
lol, i'm not surprised. It's the new trend now-a-days.

While I'm no condoning what Outlaw did with the body, this isn't just some one hour project. Outlaw spent a lot of time on that truck and made sure it was an accurate and well done replica. You guys can call it what you want, but I see a well done project by a good truck maker who made a very rude mistake in leaving Onan's name out of the project.

This is your body Onan and you have every right to be upset, but guys this is still a very good replica. Just be happy there are truck makers out there willing to take the time out of their lives to keep this community alive with all the hard work they put into these projects rather than give them a demeaning attitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:12 pm 

Onan, Did you take a minute to even read his credits for this truck or did you just happen by the truck DL page and see "Samson 2009 by Jeroutlaw"? If you had taken the time to open up the zip and give the credits a read you would have seen that Jeroutlaw gave you credit for the body and paint.
Quote:
Body: Onan I think
Chassis: Razorbear/Slick with rear section done by Me
Paint: Onan

I do not see what was done wrong here at all. Seems people over here like to jump on stuff without really looking at the whole thing. Besides your Samson had no credit file at all what so ever so how was he supposed to know what was your's, was not your's and that you may or may not have wanted stuff off of it used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:16 pm 

You ask, that's how.

The point is Outlaw should have given Onan better credit for his hard work. With Avenger for example, I added KM to the author name because it was his body and paint work that I modified.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:05 pm 

JerOutlaw does alot for MTM2 an for people to *beep* at him every dern time he makes a truck or track is just completely insulting. He works to hard for you guys to bash him over here like you do all the time..

Grow up.

Last edited by Kasey9fan on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:15 pm 

Kasey9fan wrote:
JerOutlaw does alot for MTM2 an for people to *beep* at him every dern time he makes a truck or track is just completely insulting, Not just to him but to myself and many others. He works to hard for you guys to bash him over here like you do.

Grow up.

Did you even bother to read anything that was said?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:42 pm 

this could have been fixed with a private message *dodo*. and if anything, I did samson justice compared inaccurate truck you made. if this dickhead is gonna *beep* about not putting his name in BY part then he really needs to step away from the screen. junk parts? your funny, its better then any *stuff* you have made. Feel free to take the truck down Phin/Mal, I will personal hand it out to people that want it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:42 pm 

No, somebody upset that his work was used with very little credit.

Man, you guys need to take chill pills...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:31 pm 

The only thing I see that might irk an author is "Onan I think" in credit for the body. Other then that he took the Samson body that was on a not as accurate in his eyes wheel tire and chassis combination and placed it on a replicated Dan Patrick Chassis with cantilever suspension that was hand done. Unless Onan was expecting his name on the author title next to JerOutlaws I see nothing wrong with what JerOutlaw did here. Obviouslly the body is the focal point of many replicas but try to look past that and realize he did some extensive modifications to make the chassis correct.

http://mtm2draggers.net/viewtopic.php?t ... &start=135

A topic on the sister site documenting the build for those that are interested.

Could we please refrain from every time one of these topics coming up posting those pictures. As hostile as these events seem to be the forum really doesn't need the peanut gallery every time, let's let the authors or those trying to help settle the situation settle it and not keep aggravating with pointless shots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:39 pm 

Agree dave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:45 pm 

So I guess ya think everything is all cool since ya had 3 of your buddies come in here and say how awesome your version is lmao.
The funny thing is like I'd said when I originally made the truck is that I made it look the way I wanted it and also because I was trying to keep vert count from goin thru the roof, ya I could have put the fake shocks in the rear, ya I could have put the stupid box in back... diddily do dumb... whatever... the shocks don't actually work in the game lol. All that extra crap just makes the truck slower to race with for people with weak PC's.

http://forum.mtm2.com/viewtopic.php?t=4946

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:33 pm 

no they were just stating the obvious.
all I see from you is a bunch of I coulda's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:48 pm 
easy company

credits suck sometimes when they tarnish the idea(s)

it's all good, trust me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:16 pm 

Will someone, please, answer me this. How are people giving little to no credit for using parts? It seems to be an ongoing trend over on these forums and not just with Sean's trucks. I do not see anyong getting on Onan for not including a credit file with his original release wether he made everything himself on the truck or not. If credits are so important to some, why not do a credit writing tutorial on how to write them up properly cause it seems that no matter how much credit is given, people rip into people for not giving credit. It is really down right confussing sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:22 pm 
easy company

This Forum is here to support mtm and mtm2. period.

It has never been and will never be a sounding board for arguments or personal differences.

If anyone has a legit problem with something that has been uploaded here please email the perpetrator with your concern... if that gets nowhere then contact Phin or myself by pm and we will do whatever it takes to make things right.

tyvm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 am 
Glow Ball

IamGalvatron wrote:
It seems to be an ongoing trend over on these forums ....

These forums?

When things don't go the way somebody expects then they'll give voice to their concerns. That is not unique to these forums. Apparently, some people on the draggers side do not release their work for fear of others learning from a set up or from having their work pilfered. I think 99% of people release their work from these forums. True, some do it sooner than others, but it all comes out sooner or later.

Please do not create division where there needn't be any. These issues are a concern to all of us, not just one side or ther other.

PS. Profanity mop up pending.

PPS. ONaN's link is immediately above the mtm2draggers.net link on the front page. Not so hard to find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:50 pm 

Slayer wrote:
Uh, i tried my best, I saw this thread kept getting posts and I kept avoiding it, cause I knew if i went in.... and sure enough, I broke down and came in, read everything. And offically my faith in this community is gone.

MTM = Dead

I'm leaving.

No offense to Phin, but this only happens here. The draggers community rarely has big fights on the boards, but when something is posted here it gets raped with stupid fighting. I think part of it is that people actually see all the work in the projects page and people are always communicating on projects while all you see here is the review page and dull witted attacks.

I still don't understand why it's so hard to have one community, but people just can't seam to get off the high horses and enjoy each others presence. [bump]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:48 pm 
Glow Ball

This is to everybody ; not specifically at white2098.

We are more one community than people care to admit. This is not the first forum our game has ever had and it is not the only active one today. There has always been conflict and probably always will. And most fights that last longer than the original issue are usually dull-witted, whether they happen on the forum, on aim, e-mail, snail mail, or whatever.

The point in this topic, and it's the reason it hasn't been deleted, is that makers should be more mindful of the original makers. Has the point been taken? We'll find out next time.

PS. Keep the swearing down, please, or you won't have to quit the forum because you'll be shown the door. Thank you.