MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

Post subject: Your FAVORITE truck maker?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:40 pm 

Now before I state anything, this thread is NOT to argue over who you think is the best, I just think it would be fun to list a few of our favorites.

Jordan Holland AKA Jet - Jordan is without a doubt one of the best painters in MTM2, and he doesn't use any technical software or anything special, he just happens to be good with an airbrush. Jordan is more particular to reps, although he has been known to make a couple beautiful customs. Jet has released a few of my favorites such as Excaliber, Shock Therapy, Bigfoot X, Avenger 09, and more.

Scott Bergan AKA Razorbear - Scott is best known IMO for trying new things, think about the trucks Time Flys, HBR Bulldozer, Full Boar. These trucks have something new and unique to each of them, Time Flys speakes for itself, HBR Bulldozer had smoke coming out of it's nostrils, and Full Boar had to have been a hall of a challenge using leaf springs in it's suspension. Scott is one of the hardest working truck makers I can think of, and is constantly trying something new. A few of my favorite releases from him would be: Time Flys, Sudden Impact, Raminator & Rammunition, Tailgator, and a few more.

Ryan McCauley AKA RKM - Ryan we have found to be better with Binedit than we all had originally thought. Ryan does alot of joint projects, but proved he can do it on his own with the 09 Backdraft. This truck was nailed down to the last detail, even all the lights, and is one of my favorite reps from 09 so far. A few of my favorites from this guy would be Backdraft, Brutus (with kasey9fan), Stone Crusher (with Jet), and a few others.

Of course I have many other truck makers I like, these are just a few in no particular order, interested in yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:27 pm 

current: scotty and jet but that is biased as i do work with em. there are a few guys that can step up into the spotlight if they added some time to binedit/painting.
past: slickster, betrayal and a certain fan of reps (im not a total hater)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:29 am 

I'm gonna say...

Scott has the best model work.

Jet has the best painting ability.

RKM is VERY good at painting and VERY good with model work.
——————————————————————————————————

I'd have to say Ryan at this point, but another one could pop up anytime...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:31 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Good, Outlaw...

we can all get along, its not that hard, but the above post missed quite a few names, in fact I don't even know any of those guys, except a few. And from what I've seen, I've done some checking... to each his own opinion, on that.

I live and let live, I just know when I've been wronged, so I call you on it, just gimme credit, and all is well with peace and love, its that simple.

But you forgot a ton of guys that made this game great, what I see up there is just a personal opinon. I guess its trying to explain the Beatles to a Slipknot fan, but none the less. This thread is gonna generate a ton of "Other" opinions too... let's not turn it into a "Voting" system...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:46 am 

I'm talking about futuristic people Rep...

We all know you, Betrayal and Slickster were the greatest back in the day... You probably innovated the rest of us, what with slickster's wheels... Your old reps... and Betrayal's reps. Even Dennis Taft, who STILL makes trucks, is one of the best.

I mean come on. Look at the trucks compared to you guys'. Better trucks, am I right?

You guys innovated us to put so much hard work into making these trucks better, and you have done a pretty dern good job at it looking at the trucks being created now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:25 am 

I would love to know what happened to Slickster and Betrayal88, they seem to have just disappeared, and haven't been seen for years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:26 am 

Oh and my fave truck makers are Rep Fan, Slickster, Betrayal88 and Dennis Taft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:18 am 
MTM2 Engineer

My favorite truck makers are Rep Fan (his Power Wheels rep still my fave custom truck) RMS, Dennis Taft and for the newschool I would say Jet, Razorbear and Mora of course :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:49 am 
mtm2 rocks!

Rep fan and zotm bigdogge and slickster and dennis taft i guess... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:52 am 

I'm gonna go with bigdogge because with out him I wouldn't even be here right now. He welcomed truck makers with open arms and helped anybody who asked along with making a great collection of parts for everybody to use. He's a big motivator for me releasing tire packs and frames and all that stuff because I remember what it's like to not have them available. Now today his Evo2 work with monster trucks is incredible.

It's funny looking at this thread made me realize how long it's been since I've even tried a replica. I'm gonna have to get back into this side of mtm2 [nyuk]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:58 pm 

I have a ton of respect for the truck makers of yester-years. Without the contributions from guys like Slickster, Rep Fan, Betrayal and Bigdogge back in the day, our game is most likely dead right now. I'm no where near these guy's level when it comes to model making, but with every truck you strive to learn something new.

As for the new school guys, I'd say Scott Bergman has the best overall truck making skills. He can paint, and he can make some mean models. Ryan, Sean, and Jordo are guys who don't receive nearly enough credit for what they do. Sean has quickly developed into a top notch chassis builder, and Ryan and Jordo have been making some amazing trucks for a few years now.

White is another guy who can make some pretty wicked trucks. Just take a look at Inferno as an example, and of course his amazing tires that he makes.

Cale and John a.k.a "DiggerFan" don't make as many trucks as they used to, but when they do it's always an automatic DL for me. Both always make flawless, grade A trucks.

These are just the names off the top of my head, hopefully I'm not forgetting anyone. [(-:]

EDIT: Mike Alston "Xtreme RTM" hasn't made a whole lot of trucks, but is another guy who has some big time talent. Take a look at some of his work, it's very good.

Last edited by Jet on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:07 pm 

Landon is/was one of the best that came into MTM2. It was sad to see him leave but he moved on to Nascar Racing 2003 and helped model the COT car for i believe the SS.net guys. Betrayal, that's another story as i don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:37 pm 

Thanks to guys that mentioned me, its an honor to even have my name in some of these posts with the best truck makers in this game.

I myself would have to nominate (more modern truck makers)

Scott Bergman for his incredible replica skills, the guy can make anything, from Grave Digger, to Full Boar to something random as hell and still make it look good. Great guy and I can't wait to see what else he can do for the community.

Jet: No doubt this is one of if not the best painter I have ever seen. NR2003 or MTM2, Doesn't matter this dude is the man. An he is as nice as can be, although that has nothing to do with truck making he will always have my respect for his skills and his attitude. People can not wait to see what he comes up with.

JerOutlaw: Surprised many haven't mentioned him yet. He is the most improved truck maker in the community I would say. He can make some bad ass chassis's and when he wants to he can even paint a little bit. The most random canadian comes up with the most random and older trucks at times. Then the next day he will come up with a right out of the blue Monster Jam project.

Ryan McCauley: For sure one of the best there is, he can make things from scratch, and make it a beaut. I remember years ago I'd make a repaint and send it to him for some updates, he'd make my junk paint scheme and upgrade it to an A+ ride. I always enjoy working with him.

Alston: He is without a doubt the most under apprechiated guy in MTM2. He makes some of the best models, tires, chassis's and paint schemes for the game. He is an asset to the MTM2 community as far as bringing it to the new ages. You can never ever guess what this guy will make next because it could be anything!

There are so many more truckers that I'd like to mention, Dave Collard, Gekor, Diggerfan, White even the "retro" guys if you want to call em, Repfan, Betrayal, Slick and more but It'd take me half the thread to mention everyone I'd like to. All I can say is I thank these guys for all the work they've done and continue to do.

Last edited by Kasey9fan on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:59 pm 

:D
I'd have to say anyone that's mentioned me deserves to be mentioned at least twice themselves. As for my favorite few it would have to be all of the ones that gave us something to work with and modify into our own little design: BigDoGGe, Slick, RepFan, Betrayal88, Alston, DiggerFan, Jordan, Jet, Kozak, White and too many more to list. [(-:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:08 pm 

Here's some others which haven't been mentioned; Josh "Digg" Rhodes.
http://www.cownap.com/~trucks/trucks.cg ... h&maker=on

And Cale.
http://www.cownap.com/~trucks/trucks.cgi?s=Cale&m=on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:13 pm 

Malibu350 has made some great trucks too.
http://www.cownap.com/~trucks/trucks.cg ... 0&maker=on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:05 pm 

I'd have to say the guys who paved the way for Truck building in general... Rep Fan, BigDOGGe, Slickster, Betrayal. We appreciate what they did for the community, and that won't change. The new guys also are good as heck, Razorbear, Jet, Jordo, Sean, these guys come to mind quickly. Thanks for the new replicas you guys are creating, and the awesome customs as well.

Anyone know any evo folks? My two for evo are BigDOGGe, who got me interested in making MT's in the first place, and OLD_RockMan who taught me the basics in zmod, and gave me help every step of the way. He even explained to me how to convert trucks to MTM2, and one is in the works right now, hehe. Thanks alot bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:38 pm 

Jet wrote:
Cale and John a.k.a "DiggerFan" don't make as many trucks as they used to, but when they do it's always an automatic DL for me. Both always make flawless, grade A trucks.

Y'know, I've become a victim of my own standards. I love doing paint for trucks, but when it comes to doing the frame and what not, I get a little frustrated and bored with the tedium of trying to get it looking right, which is why I don't make as many trucks anymore. I have one that once I get the frame textured the way I want will be most of the way done, but getting to that point is kinda [:x]

I'm not gonna pick favorites with my truck guys beyond saying that RF, Slick, Betrayal, and Dogge have done tons for me in helping my stuff get as good as it is today. That should speak well enough [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:13 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

You didn't need any help Cale...

never have... we're all just a fly on the wall compared to what you've done...

I have a couple projects I plan to dust off, I'm back yes, blah blah blah... just need to find some pics which I have no idea, Taft's is a bust, so I'm putting it out there, if anyone has any pics of the orig. West Virginia Mountineer, please, hook a brotha up...

My email is in my profile. The orig leafer, 73 or so Ford, shots of its butt, and nose and sides, would be good. I've always loved that truck, being a Nebraska guy, I dunno why, but its always pushed all my buttons, so if anyone has anything send it over. I have a basic shape so far, just need filler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am 

http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/west.htm You probly saw these, but they really aren't good shots for referance.

Last edited by Sewilo on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.