MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am

Post subject: Sudden Impact 2008
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:01 pm 

I do not know who put this truck out but it was not me (I am Scott "Razorbear" Bergman). I made the 07 truck, well used parts to make it but I had nothing to do with the 08 upload. I do not want it removed, unless it is a rule or something but is there a way to find out who did indeed upload it and change the name to the correct author. Do not really want my name next to something I had nothing really to do with and all it seems that got done was White's blue SIR tires put on it. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:30 pm 

I think cause of only the tire change they didnt wanna put their name beside it seeing as it was just a tire swap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:01 am 
Glow Ball

Thanks for the update. I got it covered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:58 am 

Looks like they did the same with Captain's Curse and El Toro Loco however I spot zero changes on them except for the black flag on Curse. [td]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:00 am 

RKM7 wrote:
Looks like they did the same with Captain's Curse and El Toro Loco however I spot zero changes on them except for the black flag on Curse. [td]

The Willys logo on the tailgate is also gone because when CC debuted it wasn't present there. (Remember, it's a FIXED version)

And ETL, I made a BUNCH of changes like updating the horns and adding the nostrals and the MJ sponser on the left bedside. (FIXED version)

Last edited by Matt785 on Mon May 18, 2009 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:01 am 

*delete*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:10 am 

Dude, you CAN NOT go around making updates to peoples' trucks, then release them in your name. If you want to update something you fell REALLY needs to be updated, simply ask them, it isn't hard... at all. I find this annoying, disrespectful, and EXTREMELY rude. It isn;t a huge deal, particurarly, but it is a concern. Also with that Grave Digger you just released, you can't take somebody's truck, make a couple small things different, and release it. If I were Dig I would be pretty offended seeing as it is a custom of his. /endrant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:19 am 

Alright then, take them down if you wish, my e-mail systems not working right now anyway. And the only reason why I didn't ask, I was just too ****ing scared.

Oh, and while you're at it, take down everything else I made because it follows the same principle you just stated. Because otherwise, the only trucks I'll be making are stock repaints. /endrant

And finally, I am NOT doing the "stealing other's content and claiming it's mine" stuff, I'm just giving credit for the original authors and/or what I did. That's it.

Last edited by Matt785 on Mon May 18, 2009 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:25 am 

*delete*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:23 pm 

I don't see a thing changed on El Toro or Captains Curse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:36 pm 

You sure?

http://www.cownap.com/~trucks/trucks.cgi?search=El+Toro+Loco+08+pack&truck=on

http://www.cownap.com/~trucks/trucks.cgi?search=El+Toro+Loco+%2708&truck=on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:20 pm 

Yeah aside from the horns I don't see anything that is indeed "fixed".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:00 pm 

Hey umm, Matt. Care to tell me where you got those roof textures for that Grave Digger v2 you put out? I already know the answer but just incase I am wrong I'd like to know and do not say that you made them cause that would be a lie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:44 pm 

I got them off of here: http://www.monstertruckcollectors.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6061

And I was going to credit you for the roof texture, I just got a case of butterfingers and accidently put my name instead. You know I wouldn't do that on purpose.

And if my recent 3 trucks are causing quite a stir, please be my guest and just take them down already. All three are older releases off my HD anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:23 pm 

Ok then if your so "good" at updating trucks why in the hell are you replacing the ORIGINAL .bin and .trk files, not to mention the .pod names as well, I'd call that rude. Updating a truck is one thing but replacing old files with these edited ones? Oh and what is this like the 50th time you've said your email doesn't work now right, also isn't the first time you've released trucks with the same pod names and barely any noticeable updates to them. :? :?

I know this isn't really my issue but you did however give me credit on the El Toro Loco truck that I had nothing to do with, I didn't paint anything on that, I'm pretty sure Jordan did. Learn to credit the proper people (unless that's a mistake from the old readme) and stop replacing the original authors .bin,.trk.pod files it's extremely rude; I've gone through this with a few people who I consider some of my closest online friends, you can change but first you need to stop doing what you've been. [bump]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:33 pm 

Alright, I'm sorry and I've learned my lesson. I wasn't paying attention to that golden rule about BIN and TRK files. And I also wasn't too sure how those trucks would turn out here. Can Phin/Mal please remove those trucks? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:50 pm 

Matt, your an awesome truck maker, but do you see guys like Scott or Jet or Sean make a simple change and then release it under their own name ? you can make an amazing truck but you have to ask yourself, should I release this ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:56 pm 

MMTManic wrote:
Matt, your an awesome truck maker, but do you see guys like Scott or Jet or Sean make a simple change and then release it under their own name ? you can make an amazing truck but you have to ask yourself, should I release this ?

Matt785 wrote:
Alright, I'm sorry and I've learned my lesson. I wasn't paying attention to that golden rule about BIN and TRK files. And I also wasn't too sure how those trucks would turn out here. Can Phin/Mal please remove those trucks? Thanks.

Read that again. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:20 pm 
Glow Ball

I'm a bit late in on this conversation but got it covered now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:20 pm 

agreed, u were very late lol