MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 am

Post subject: This is getting out of hand
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:07 am 

Almost everyday a new truck is uploaded to the database, and lately it has been getting ridiculous. I am not talking about the fact that there is a new truck almost daily, that's great, but most don't even have a credit file! I will start off with Matt785, he just re-uploaded the 2009 Avenger by Sean and Jordan, all he did was fix the lights. On Draggers he has been warned SEVERAL times about doing this. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but he didn't even take the time to ask. Next would be the two newest Digger trucks to be uploaded. The Grave Digger 22 truck has a readme file, but ZERO credits, it's pretty clear he didn't make everything. And the 20th Anniversary Digger doesn't have a readme of any sort. Nobody here doesn't like getting credit for THEIR stuff, so we should at least have a rule in place that states if you do not have a simple, sufficient credit file, it should be removed. This really bugs me a lot, just my $0.02.

/endrant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:32 am 

ah man I gotta get in on this action.

but what can I upload....

I got some friends that made trucks but never uploaded, I should totally upload em and call em my own :).

Ok but seriously, if there is a solution to your madness, I suggest you search for it in this folder.
http://trevorsarchives.selfip.net/funpics/images/
If you find it, power to you, if you don't, you will lose your faith in humanity and will no longer care about such frivolous things such as video game trucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:28 am 

Seriously, all I'm doing is trying to do people a favor here, okay? I heard some gripes about Avenger's lights on Draggers and I just wanted to help out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:34 pm 

Perhaps Matt you could make a poll somewhere about these edits you like to do and if you get enough yes's do them. Otherwise forget it. I think your creative muse could be better suited for making your own line of trucks. You have the Bin Edit skills to do a lot it appears so why waste it editing stuff that's already out? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:14 pm 

Matt, we told you this before, you CAN NOT just reupload somebody else's trucks by making small edits. The last time this happened, you were simply told to ask and there would be no problems..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:55 pm 

Yes, you have...why do I do this?

*crickets chirping*

Can Phin please take that truck down please? Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:23 pm 

Matt, you're the only one that doesn't see a pattern

you edit one thing on a truck> You release it without proper credits and without it being a legit edit> The creators and this whole community get mad> You tell Phin to delete it> The pattern continues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:42 pm 

Why continue to do this when folks are continually getting aggravated with it. Yet you say your going to quit, and or ask for permission and again you do not.

If you'd take the time to ask for permission I am sure more people would be okay with this. But obviously you haven't got the respect enough to do so. I myself wouldn't mind if you modified a project me and a couple buddies have worked on, as long as you ask for permission and make sure it is actually something worth being fixed and released.

To others that are uploading these latest trucks saying there fixed by the creators, you really should show yourself right now because what you are doing is just pointless.

Last edited by Kasey9fan on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:44 pm 

Last edited by Slayer on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:56 pm 

Ok, im sick and tired of seeing these threads pop up, get over it, if its not your creation, then its not your business, if it is yours, well then, there is this little feature called Private Message, I get tired of seeing peoples dirty laundry pop up on here.
If there is an issue, Use private messaging tool.

Jeez, sometimes some of you people act like a pre teen girl raggin for the 1st time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:18 pm 
Glow Ball

ok, the avenger truck has been taken off the page.

However, please note that Matt is not the only person doing this, so you can spare him the rage of the entire community; after all, he didn't take credit for anything as his own.

As for him...
Matt785 wrote:
Seriously, all I'm doing is trying to do people a favor here, okay? I heard some gripes about Avenger's lights on Draggers and I just wanted to help out.

It is not up to you decide what gets fixed and what doesn't. If a maker wants to update a truck, then it's their decision, not yours. When you tamper with things, you are not doing anybody any favors. If you are a competent maker, then take Dave's advice and start creating your own. Mistakes and problems are the difference between good and poor editors in this game. So always remember and never forget that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And please let's not repeat this problem again.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:57 am 

meh i dont really care at all, i would have been more *beep* if he said the chassis was made by him or the paint.
i used to be on the receiving end of this kinda stuff and I dont plan on becoming a hypocrite. just credit where its due and that is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:10 am 

I'm with Sean, I'm not really mad at Matt for doing what he did, but a simple pm asking before hand would have been nice. Technically he give all the proper credits, but since you've been through at least 5 of these exact threads before, I don't see why a little heads up is harder than dealing with the wrath of the whole mtm2 community. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:37 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

This has been an argument for years, 99% of em started by me, its just take take take, grow up people, if you steal it, credit it.

No one cares anymore, your complaints are like a fart in the wind... trust me, I've been there, its like yelling from a rooftop in an abandon city.

Stupidty is hereditary, dont blame the kids, slap the parents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:35 am 

Nice quote!

Can I use that one??

:D