MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:55 am

Post subject: HD Beta 4 by Cale
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:09 pm 

Figured I'd give this whole "review" thing a proper go. I'm new to this so if I ramble or gush a little please forgive me.

So, I recently downloaded MTM2 on my new desktop rig and downloaded all the new goodies we've come out with, and Cale's HD beta pack turned out to be one of the jewels on that list. I have thoroughly abused each truck in the pack and they all look stunning, and each truck has its own unique feel behind the wheel. The longer trucks definitely feel different from the shorter ones, but they all handle beautifully and on just about any track I throw at them. They handle surprisingly well on drag tracks as well, and I can't help but wonder how the'yd fare in an online drag race. 10/10

As far as aesthetics, each truck is beautifully crafted and rendered beautifully without being too over the top. Featuring crisp graphics and clear logos, they're just as much a treat for the eyes as they are fun to drive. Aside from a few minor mapping errors and personal nitpicks (kicker bars PLEASE) I'd give these trucks a solid 9/10.

I was intrigued by this idea when Cale first showed it many years ago, and it's good to see it finally executed so beautifully. I would love to see this idea fleshed out more in the future and it gives me some ideas of my own as well. all in all, a fine replacement for the stock trucks and an incredible standalone. Well done, Cale!

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)