MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm

Post subject: a better and EASEIR way to paint GREAT.
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 8:25 pm 

this is somthing i accedently ran acrost well i was making.gif files for my website(wich at the moment,really stinks)

now i like to say if you have TXraw it willmake this alot easeir on yah...anyway ill explain myself

Note:i only have psp 3 demo(i like psp3 demobetter then 7) and psp7 so i dont know if it works on non psp progys

anyways...i also make midtown madness 2 cars and trucks....you usethe .tga files in mm2....the thing about .tga is that it uses 16.7 bit coloring, qeuss what happens when you have that many kolors,you can paint like alpine(i re read his article after i figeured thois out,it turns out he used this prossese Image )

some of the main options are,the aibrush shades koloring,smoothing,smudging,and a whole bunch of great stuff!

any ways you look at you truck pallette in tx raw then go "ctrl+v" in psp and the picture willl be there in full 256x256 size...

when you save it too .tga it should ask "do you want to allow 16.7(or higher somtimes)
million kolors sucha sucha...you say yes and proceed paint beutifully!!!!!

then after that you save it as. gif..you click yes when it asks you iof you want to use 256 kolors...then under colors menu you save the pallette,then you save the paint job as .raw,you go into .pal to.raw converter and convert you .pal to .raw(duh) and then you have a BEUTIFUL CAR/TRUCK!!!
...anyways ill shhow you some of the stuff i did using this methed...total custom painting

check this place for inspiration..http://www.houseofkolor.com

hope you guys make some kick ass paints

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 2:23 am 
Glow Ball

Good stuff Otto.

Here's a couple helpful things:

Download TxRaw here.

Download mdmre's Palette Master here so you can convert PAL files to ACT files.

An alternate conversion utility is Green Giant's Para Palette Converter . Once you know it, you'll really like it.

And a tip. Save a 16bit copy of your graphic before you save as raw. That way if you want to make changes later, you can go back to the high color version so there will be minimal color loss while working. Of course, you'll have to save the palette again when you're done.

Hope that helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 11:11 am 

thanx guys Image,maybe ill post a pic of my flare side truck soon..i just finished it,its one of three (chevy ford dodge) this one is chevy,i got a blank red dodge waiting...and then ill have o blank out bigfoot for the ford..i hope you injoy,and thanx ffor listing those emencly needed advices phineus!