MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

Post subject: Binedit problems
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 12:04 am 
I asked this question at KC's forum, and was told i could possibly find help here, so here goes. I looked at D2S's binedit site (which is very well done) and still can't figure this problem out. Binedit worked just fine until a few says ago when all of a sudden the model i was working on became all distorted in the rear, side, and top wireframe angles of the model. The colored one looks fine. Then if i try to move or scroll through faces, it freezes!! I can open and save just fine though. Another problem i've been having that just came up recently is the graphics in the game itself went down the crapper. Almost all of the textures (on the track and trucks) have a teal tint to them for some reason. When i turn it to software only instead of directx graphics in the graphics menu, the teal tint goes away. Someone please help me figure this one out. If it helps, i have binedit SGI (i tried MS and hated it), DirectX 7, and windows 98.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 1:53 am 
Glow Ball

Sounds like a graphics driver file has got corrupted somehow. Check if there are any updates for your graphics card, and you might want to make sure you're using DirectX 7a or higher. Lastly, how big is the model. By that, I mean, how many faces and vertices? Hit the "I" key to see model info. I've heard rumor that binedit has a ceiling. I've never seen it myself, but you never know. Anyway, first update those drivers. That 'teal' thing is definitely a driver problem.

P.S. how would it have become corrupted? Besides OS and disk problems (go figure, it's windows), there is the possibility you've installed something recently that over-wrote an old file. Sometimes just reinstalling the old drivers is enough to fix it.

[This message has been edited by Phineus (edited 15-07-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 4:17 am 
First:I have Directx7a, and I updated the graphics card (it's a trident blade 3d) and it's still the same. The only recent things that were installed on the computer were the sims(which i uninstalled and then reinstalled, no difference), leadfoot(which i uninstalled), and msn instant messenger(which is also uninstalled). do the makers of my graphics card have a website?
Second: the model isn't the cause of this problem, it does this to every model i have. The model i was working on wasn't even fiberglass. If it helps, here's the model's specs: #of verticies: 231
#of faces: 175
#of textures: 9
size x: 1762
size y: 1188
size z: 6069

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 5:24 am 
easy company

http://www.a-zdrivers.com/pages/video.htm

http://www.tridentmicro.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 6:52 am 
I'm an idiot at these things. Can someone help me find which driver on the trident site is right for me? The card is a Trident Blade 3D/MVP4 (63) (that's what it says, anyway) and i've got windows 98.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 7:36 am 
Glow Ball

Yes, that model is well within editable range.

According to trident's site there are two types of Blade drivers. You have the one they don't carry.

According to via tech's site (the maker's of the Blade set up, they list drivers according to the motherboard specs and include a 4in1 update. That means you need to figure out what chipset you have in your computer to be sure you get the correct driver update. If you can do that, then you can probably solve the problem. If you can't...

You can always contact whoever made your computer and see if they can 1) provide solutions for you, or 2) identify your hardware so you can get what you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 8:38 am 
How do i find that out? Please don't tell me i have to call Compaq(i don't feel like bieng put on hold for 3 days, i got to work tomorrow!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 5:29 am 
I just downloaded Direct X 8 and reinstalled my driver, with no luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 11:23 am 

...You said you updated the graphics card. If you meant that you got a new one, then you might want to pull the new one and try the old one to see if the problem repeats. This will let you know if you are having a video hardware or software failure. Cards do fail sometimes....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 5:27 am 
No luck