MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 am

Post subject: .lst files, can u help?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:47 am 

Does anyone know how to create a lst file with mtm2 file searcher without having that "over 64000 bytes" error coming up?
Is there some, different program for making lst files for trucks?

- TheKneeBreakers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:19 am 
Glow Ball

mdmre's file search has been the only program made to create lst files. There is no other to do the job. However, lst files are easy to create manually if you have the patience to figure out the files you need included. I wrote a little how-to for the evo folks.

http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/evo/faq.cgi?q=trucks&f=003328

Same principles apply for mtm2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 2:20 pm 

I use a different method to writing them manually...

TrackEd2 will write .lst files for you when it creates a .pod. The only problem is that it includes every file the truck uses, plus an few hundred kilobytes' worth of extra junk you don't even need!

When you create a truck .pod with TrackEd2, when you finish you should have three new files in your MTM directory: the .pod file itself, the .lst file that Tracked2 wrote when it assembled it, and an executable Mark.bat which I assume is a temporary file created while assembling the truck. You could edit the Tracked2 .lst and then use this for podding your truck with another program, but what I do disregards it entirely.

I use PodZip to remove all the excess files from the .pod. PodZip will remove all the 'stock' files from a .pod; so as long as you have the stock MTM2 .pod files (the ones that came with the game - truck2.pod etc) mounted in the game, you don't need the stock files in your own truck pods, which can save a lot of space. It doesn't matter whether you truck actually uses any of the stock files or not, the game only needs access to one set of them for it to work.

If your newly created-and-PodZipped .pod doesn't work in the game, it usually means it needs repodding, in which case you can open it with WinPod, use WinPod to extract a .lst file, and then use said .lst file to re-pod it. In some cases you may also want to extract a .lst file for use later, say if you've only created a test pod of your truck, and plan to make changes and re-pod it after testing it in-game.

It's a little easier than doing it manually and trying to figure out and list all the files you need to include; but if you've unmounted the stock MTM2 .pods from the game your truck won't work if it needs any of those files. And of course, some people can't get Tracked2 to run because it needs the 16-bit MS-DOS environment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 4:00 pm 
Glow Ball

Absolutely. Good explanation too. And thanks for reminding me that I get brain dead sometimes. lol. Just TODAY I updated the podzip page.
http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/podzip/

I added ch_2005's podzip turbo for those who are all thumbs when it comes to dos.

But perhaps I can console myself in that tracked2 will not run on my system once again. Wrong graphics card. I miss my 3dfx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 10:50 pm 

Thanks Drive. This place always helping people and stuff. Thanks again.

- Knee