MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:00 pm 
The Dog House

Windows 98 second Edition BigDogge, I tried any way but the tools are different. Dang microsoft. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:30 pm 

Lemme fire up my Pent-2...I have Win98 installed on that machine.

OK....open a folder, open the VIEW menu and select FOLDER OPTIONS.

click the FILE TYPES tab and highlight BITMAP IMAGE.... click the EDIT button....

an EDIT FILE TYPE window will appear...highlight OPEN in the ACTIONS box and then click the EDIT button below it

Use the BROWSE button to find MSpaint (the default for BMPs in Win98). You will find it at C:\programs\accessories\MSPAINT.EXE

select that and then back out hitting the OK buttons all the way.

----------

That's the best I can offer....good luck with it.

By the way, since win98 didn't have an image viewer as XP did, I downloaded and install IRFANVIEW on my pent-2 machine. It's both an image viewer and graphics program.

Irfanview changed the image associations for me, and made it more convenient to view pics rather than using MSpaint ...you may want to try it out if nothing else works. I like it a lot (and it accepts many Adobe photoshop plug-ins as a bonus)

get it free at http://www.irfanview.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:07 pm 
easy company

PSP has a nice built in image viewer, just right click on a folder and hit 'browse with psp'.

And unless I misread something, Chucks problem could also be that psp 4 is opening but off screen? A long shot yes, but i've seen stranger things happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:08 am 
The Dog House

Can you tell me where I may find GIF FILE. I think Im getting back to norm with a few things, but still things I lost on. So be sure to catch this afternoon show for more of LOST IN MY COMPUTER. As Charles hits a button and his world : Stay tune for the next chapter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:38 am 
The Dog House

Well before I run off to work, I removed PSP5 put PSP4 backin and it works. Son Of A _____. Cant open Gif types, I need {PictureViewer Exe}. Dont I have that? How else did it work before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:19 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

I GIF file is an animated image, or a very compressed image. Your yellow smiley face you use as your sig image, is an animated GIF.

PSP4 should open them, they just don't work, or have their animated motion when opened in psp. Your pc should have come with PictureViewer as an orig. program. I use "Image Preview" to open up image files.

What I don't get is why PSP won't open one. Besides, you shouldn't have to open a GIF anyway, at least not in my experience. As long as mine will save things as a GIF, it's all I need. Other than that, I've only opened a gif in psp maybe once. So if it was me, I wouldn't worry about it.

If need be, you can always set a gif's properties to open with Internet Explorer, or a few other programs that come with your pc, that can used to open then, for viewing anyway. But if you want to modify a gif , then I can understand too. Then I'm all out of answers on this one. [:P]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:52 pm 

I don't think GIFs were very common back when PSP4 was written. My old copy of Arcsoft Photostudio didn't handle them either, but the slighty newer version I use today does.

P.S>...IRFANVIEW will substitute for your pictureviewer, and handles GIFs nicely....

If you want to give Arcsoft a try, here's a copy (1.3 megs)

http://mtm2.com/~bigdogge/download/Photostudio.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:30 pm 
The Dog House

Glory Days, after reading over every thing a few times I finally saw the light. EI took care of all Gif,jpg etc but one thing it does not work on are BMP's as BigDogge made reference to. Thanks BigDogge,Kevin,Phineus and Malibu_350 for your help Gentlemen.
And yes Malibu what you described was what seemed to be going on with PSP4. It works for now but got me worried. LOL
BigDogge really, Thanks for walking me through all that man. MSPaint will work for the BMP's. I will save the program you linked and check it out.
Phineus, you and Kevin are life savers.