MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

Post subject: Truck colors in game
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:00 pm 
Glow Ball

So, like, when a truck just absolutely refuses to render correctly in game, what's the latest strategy for dealing with it? Recycle bin? I got too many shades of blue, apparently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:12 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

It's not you buddy, it's the tracks.

I love blue, and green, they're my fave colors. But in the game, the track palettes screw it all up.

What I do is paint a cool color, try it in game on tracks, if it turns green, I repaint it starting with that bright blue, and slowly try tinting it till it looks what I was after.

Sometimes it works, most times not, but you'll get lucky. Take my Keystone Krusher replica, that blue on there, on most tracks, it should turn green, but it always stays some sort of shade of blue. I got lucky on that one.

Dat's my best advice. If you like it to look a certain way, either try some new painting techniques, or some new shades, or delete the tracks that always mess it up. [:P]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:20 pm 
Glow Ball

Oh, yeah, it's the tracks all right. Trouble is, there's one spot that's turning black. Looks a mess and no amount of repainting seems to work - unless you lose the colors completely. I was just hoping I might be over looking something. I also tried loading the metalcr2.act file into it but that just makes it worse. I guess I'll try it on a white background and see how that goes. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:42 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

You look at "No offense" any track made by Mal, the color palette he uses always messes with my truck's paintjobs. It never fails.

What I do is make it the way I want, on the tracks that I know won't mess with it, and take the pic I need. Then release it. Most of the time it'll be just fine, but on some tracks, it'll be screwy.

Nuttin you can really do about it, but I run in cockpit view, so I could care less... lol. I just don't take screenshots on any of them, but when the track rocks, like Mal's, you look past that sort of thing. Just take your pics on another one. Stay away from MTM1 tracks too, they'll do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:31 pm 
easy company

> any track made by Mal, the color palette he uses always messes with my truck's paintjobs...

The nerve of some people...

lol (I kid you)

If I could use any of the stock track palettes I would, and I do try with each new one but it really looks bad... everything looks bad, washed out and pixelated.. from the backdrop to the water, the trees, grass, rocks, and dirt, you name it... bad bad bad... if I don't use a custom palette. The one and only way around this 256 color limit is to only use stock textures and models but I can't do that.. stock stuff makes me ill.

For what it's worth, whenever I do make a truck I test run it on stock tracks to check the colors. The one I am currently working on takes on slightly different shades on each of the stock tracks but I think i've found a happy balance after many repaints. No doubt it'll look like crud on most of my tracks but I dunt care. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:17 pm 

Yea the track looks really pretty :)
and i personally look more at the track than i do at the truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:36 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

No offense meant Mal, but I knew, that you knew what I was talking about, sometimes trucks look a lil goofy on some tracks.

It's a fixable issue, but very time consuming. I don't care personally, I beta all my trucks on Alpine's Crazy, for handling, then Farm Road for colors, if all of it jives, then I let er out to da publik.