MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am

Post subject: Looking for new Cadillac V16 engine pics...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:29 pm 

Specifically, I need shots of the bottom oil-pan area, and any shots that may show bare block details, or anything else hidden by exhausts, pulleys, etc...

Here's the only 2 photos I have found and am working with that show some detail...Not quite all the detail I need though...

( (...pics reduced from actual larger size, so as not to waste bandwidth)

If you run across any that aren't displayed here, and show some details, please let me know....thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:54 am 

Well, I never found any more pics, so I had to make do with what I had (I faked it on the oil pan details)

The serpentine belt and pulleys feature animated textures, and the exhaust are true 8-into-4-into-1 headers, as are the real ones (except mine point to the back, instead of downward)

Image Image

I haven't seen a transmission picture, so I just slapped simple textures on mine for now. The one seen in the pic will change eventually.

Here's the engine texture file. Everything was hand-painted, except for the side of the block (marked with a red box for this display). I used the second picture in my first post above for that, though I had to realign it to a level position, paint-out the exhaust header, then paint back in the aluminum block details and the black exhaust flange.

I'm rebuilding Slick's Cadillac Escalade EXT body for this project. It will be somewhat reshaped and have all new textures, as well as being transformed to a "fiberglass" version...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:05 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Ya know what's sad, ever since Buick, Chevy, Olds, Pontiac, all dropped the GN's, Monte SS's, etc. and finally the Camaro and Trans Ams, right now, the fastest hot rods coming from GM these days ARE Cadillacs.

I was watching a show on the Speed Channel, and they were driving these 2 new Caddy 4-doors around a racetrack, 2 pro drivers, chasing each other testing them out. The cars were like luxury cars, but were running Chevy LT-1 V8's from a Vette under the hood. The cars were capable of running low 13 sec. 1/4's.

Amazing, and they handled like Ferarris too. But if it wasn't for The new GTO, or Caddy these days, the GM boys wouldn't have anything to brag about.

But I like the look of that new concept they shoved that V-16 in, I think it looks really cool. The engine looks great too BD. I would run the cone shaped air filters, like on your Viper engine. 2 small ones I think would look better, with some K&N filters, with chrome end plates. The engine is really low and sleek looking, I think those filters you made, kinda make it look like that Allison I used in my Awesome Kong II truck.

But I do like it, especially since you have it all mapped to one texture. It would be cool shoe-horned into one of those 1930's hot rods you made recently. [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:49 pm 

Yes, performance cars are getting scare once again (feels almost like the late 70's all over!) J/K.....Thank goodness for Ford and the 2005 Mustang GT (a car that was nearly discontinued in the late 80's).

At least GM is hanging on to the Corvette, which is better than ever (although I wish they had stayed with the hide-away headlights).

I think I saw that show too. Nice Caddy's, though the $100,000 and $200,000 price tags make them more exotics rather than muscle cars in my opinion...

------------------------

I thought about using those "cone" filters on the V-16, but these looked really nice in the truck, and clear the radiator a bit better ( I tried several designs before choosing these).

I also considered turbos or superchargers, but room was scarce, and the vertex count was climbing, so naturally aspirated was the solution (809 vertices with filters and headers)...

Here's the engine mounted in the bare frame, and with the body (body is a work in progress):

------------------------

For those curious abou the concept cadillac RF mentioned, I posted pics of it in the MTMBBS:

http://mtm2.com/~bbs/
(see "sweet sixteen" for the caddy V-16 concept car)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:33 pm 

Oooooh that looks really nice man! very shnazy. Cant wait to see the finished product