MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

Post subject: BigDOGGe - a request
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:49 am 

I know you save work-in-progress models as you build your trucks, might you have a version of the '77 Ford F-150 body you used for Big Boy without the hole cut in the hood? I'd like it for a future project that I may get around to before the century is out :)

Also, I currently have the airbrush on an (almost-finished) truck project using the stock F-150 crewcab you converted from EVO, and I am wondering where the rear bumper went, considering the graphic for it is still part of the texture files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:04 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Ahem...
http://teamslo.net/repfan/junk/1977Ford.gif
http://teamslo.net/repfan/junk/1977XLT.gif
Malibu350 and I's modded version of your Wild Thing body, you'll have to make your own hole in the hood.

Just another choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:20 am 

...heh, which originally started life as Karm's Bigfoot 1 if my memory serves. Man, the amount of recycling we do...

And co-incidently, I do want it for a planned remake of my Wild Thing rep (and as such, I wannit without the hole). Nothing really wrong with the existing body, except it lacks a bed (I was cutting my teeth on fiberglassing then, and diverged from the truth), but conveniently BigDOGGe's one happens to have a fully modelled bed which made me want to check it out.

Argh, eyes itch, should go sleep...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:24 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Mine just has a bed cover on it, but the whole under-body, except the front clip is all closed in, like a real truck, but making a open bed can be done with minimal effort.

BD, yours is a short bed isn't it? mine above is a long bed, your choice D2S, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:02 pm 

I'll plug up the hood and make a copy of the '77 F-150 available sometime today....I'll include the EVO F-150's bumper too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:06 pm 

Here you go bro.

The hood opening has been sealed and hood remapped, the textures have the sponsor decals and stripes removed for easier repainting, and I included both black and chrome bumpers you can pick from and install yourself (I made both when I made BigBoy).

The bottom was already fully enclosed too).

http://mtm2.com/~bigdogge/download/1977_ford_body.zip

Here's the rear bumper for the EVO1 F-150 crew cab, mapped to a 64x64 texture. You may have to resize it a tiny bit smaller to fit the body from my scrapyard, since most of my EVO body conversions were resized slightly smaller to match the size of MTM2 stock body models.

http://mtm2.com/~bigdogge/download/Ford ... bumper.zip

let me know if you run across any errors or missing files....I think I covered all the bases, but you never know. [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:15 am 

Thanks BD. And I'll grab yours too Repper, so I have it whenever I get around to doing this (probably not for a long time :( ).

Update: Ah, Rep, both the F-150 and the XLT point to the same zipfile (1977FORD.zip) on your site.

ZOtm_BigDOGGe wrote:
most of my EVO body conversions were resized slightly smaller to match the size of MTM2 stock body models

The crewcab bin I got from your site was huge! And there wasn't much comparing between the different models you had either.

[pre]Stock Bigfoot (BIGFOOT.BIN): width 7.34375 / length 18.3984375 feet F-150 crewcab (Fordcrcb.bin): width 7.8828125 / length 22.0234375 F-150 longbed (Ford longbed.bin): width 6.9375 / length 19.39453125 Fibreglassed F-150 longbed (Ford longbed fiber.bin): width 6.7265625 / length 18.99609375 BigDOGGe's No Mercy (nomercy.bin): width 6.6796875 / length 18[/pre]
I've always struggled with consistency of scale in this game... In the end I just matched my dimensions to your No Mercy and left it at that (actually seemed to set it up with quite a nice handling wheelbase, as it happened).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:56 pm 

Hmmmm...I though I resized all the bodys....I'll have to go through them one of these days and correct that.

But yes, my resizing was all done by approximation....I tend to manipulate their sizes to suit my individual projects. [;)]

Some stock MTM2 dimensions don't seem to reflect the real world any way (EX: 66-inch tires are actually 72 inches in diameter (6 feet) according to Binedit)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:40 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

"Update: Ah, Rep, both the F-150 and the XLT point to the same zipfile (1977FORD.zip) on your site. "

Oops, sorry bout that. It's fixed now. The one on the big pic page, was right, but the one on the main customs page wasn't... my goof.