MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:40 am

Post subject: ST trucks question
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:18 pm 

I'm making an ST truck (car, actually) and I need to know, with the tires tucked up in the wheel wells, should I just close off the wells and the rest of the body or should the wells be connected for an axle? Do they use a legit axle?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:31 am 

I occasionallyy close off the front wells with a simple box in the middle to simulate an engine compartment, but I like to run the rear wheelwells all the way across the width of the body to create a cavity for the rear axle and diff. It all depends on the vehicle design. Just do it in whatever fashion suits the particular car/truck and what pleases your senses the best.

You can leave the axles off if you wish, but due to the game's long travel suspensions it may look strange when the vehicle is jumping in the air (the tires may appear to be unattached to the car). You can use any of the ST-sized axles on my cars/trucks if you so desire.

Unfortunately, MTM2 vehicles share the same front and rear axle, so all vehicles will appear to be 4-wheel drive when axles are used. The exception was my 30's era Ford Pickup and Dodge Sedan. On those I made straight tube-like axles, and then made the rear differential bell housing part of the body model. Not quite correct looking when the suspension cycles up & down, but I didn't want a front diff visible on the front of those hot rods.

ST driving tip: make sure you use a HARD suspension setting when you drive it, else the car may be difficult to steer in fast turns. The physics can do weird things using soft or medium suspensions when the vehicle body sits that close to the ground.