MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 am

Post subject: problems with C-POD again
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:47 am 

i opened up a truck i downloaded into c-pod and everything went just fine. but then when i tried to view the wireframe of the truck it says run-time error "9" subscript out of range. and then c-pod closes. What does that mean??? and if i use a different program will that happen?

also on a different note im using psp 4 to paint a truck and in it one part the paint sorta fades away. is there a tool for that?? or should i just practice, practice, practice?

Post subject: Re: problems with C-POD again
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:10 am 
Glow Ball

Since CH just did an update on c-pod, we'll hold off on that topic until he comes here himself.

>> using psp 4 to paint a truck and in one part the paint sorta fades away. is there a tool for that??

Yes, that is called a gradient fill. To see how it works, create a new graphic. Might as well be 256x256 since that's our standard size. Set the foreground color to white and use 16 million colors. Now. Click the tool button that looks like a paint can tipping over and a drop is falling out. That is the fill tool. Now, on the "view" menu, make sure the "style bar" is turned on. In the "fill style" drop down menu, select gradient fill. If you click the options button, you can control what direction the colors will fade. Use the twirly spinny clock thingie to change the direction. Click okay. Now choose the two colors you want to use. When you click the graphic you created, you will see the colors blend from one to the other. Right clicking uses the same colors but in the reverse direction. Usually it's best to 'select' the area to fill before clicking... that is, on your real work and not just on a test sample like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:00 pm 

if you can tell me what truck it is i can find out the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:51 pm 

it is Firestone Wilderness by RMSTitanic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:51 pm 

The body model of the truck has 13 textues. But the odd thing is that the faces are not stored sorted by textures. As a result there are 317 texture blocks in the bin file. C-POD right now can only handle 256. As soon as it hits the 257th block it crashes.

I assume that this truck was made with binedit. Binedit used to store sorted by texture. Does it now sort by somthing else?