MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am

Post subject: I'm back with my latest creations....
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:44 pm 

Hey all. I used to play this game and I built a few things back in the day, but I left the game back around '01 or so, due to the fact that my computer sucked and I had no time. Now I have lots of time and a decent comp., and I found out that there's still a following out there for this game. So idecided to get back into it. Boy, y'all have really pushed the envelope since I left. But here a few pics of my latest monsters. The first is THe finishing of a truck I started long ago before I left for the king Dave (I think) replica contest. I never got to finish it because I left for college, and I found it out there on the internet, so I thought I'd up-date it and finish it. Image

The second one is a Vette I am working on for my wife. When we got married I promised her a Purple 'vette. here ya go, honey! LOL! Seriously, though, this was a lot of work, andunfortunately, a lot of compromises, as There was a lot more I wanted to do with this one. But because anything over 2000 verts causes the dreaded "noah effect" on my comp, The roof, hood, and grille had to go. I am working on trying to reduce the vert count on this one, but it's looking kind of grim. It may just have to stay a roadster.

The third one is becoming a really interesting project and is starting to take on a life of it's own. I own a real '62 Chevy pickup, (though it's an old-school custom, not a monster 4-by, but oh, well). And i wanted to build a monster version of it for my personal race truck. Due to the fact that these things weigh about 5500 pounds originally, and my personal taste in Music, the Name Choice was easy: Heavy Metal

I started with rep Fans '66 Apache, but as he stated on his Masher truck revue, that bin is pretty bad, and is requiring a LOT of work to look good. I'm also fighting the 2000-vert limit on this one, as I'm at like 1900-verts now and I'm not even CLOSE to finished with it. i may have to abandon my idea of an Open cockpit and put solid windows in and leave the driver, gauges, etc. out. I really don't want to do that, but I will if I have to. maybe a couple different versions of this one.

But what's weird, i thought of an idea to build a whole STRING of trucks with this body, and tell the complete story of the evolution of one truck from built show 4x4 to early-style leaf-spring monster to modern tube-chassis race-truck, all using the same body style (a-la Grave Digger). Start with a ST truck with like Boggers on it and a fairly stock body, then to a tractor-tired truck, then to the first car-crush (sometime after he saw bigfoot do it on TV) with the 66" Gators and heavy-duty leafer Chassis with Supercharged 454, Then to a tube-frame race truck.
Here's what I've got so far...

Coming in for an ugly landing...

And of course the crush cam view...

That's it. i should have these all available for download here pretty soon. Lemme know what y'alls think of 'em.

Peace,
Plazma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:00 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

That 66 is awesome, I love it.

If you wish, I'd like to lend a hand on your Kimo rep, that has always been a fave of mine since you made it. I think some things need to be adjusted or redone, just constructive critism. I'd like to help you if you want a hand. I want to make the correct white wheels for it, and make it great.

My email is bigblock66@hotmail.com, get ahold of me if you wanna go thru with it, its a great truck, I just wanna lend a hand to make it much better.

I'm not slamming on you at all, I've loved that truck for years, I'd just like to lend a hand if you need it, I'm here for you bro. I dont want any credit either, be glad to do it.

Glad to see you back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:33 am 
The Dog House

Looks great man.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:06 am 

Saw the screenshots and gosh wow, it looks like you're not wasting any time building back up the leading edge. They're looking great!

I remember your Kimo from the replica contest, since I entered that as well - and came seventh out of eight entries if I recall. I'm trying to remember whether you were placed above or below me, lol...

Post subject: Rep Fan
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:56 pm 

It would be awesome to work with you on this truck. I am a BIG fan of your work and I would love to get your help. I know the body is a little big and the wheelbase is a little too long.

I'd be honored to work with a Fellow nebraska boy on this one...

And thanks for all the compliments, guys. i really appreciate all your input.

I've gotten more done on Heavy metal. The paint is Now almost finished, and I made a custom grille for it.

Check it out:

lata,
Plazma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:22 pm 

Lookin' good, Plaz. I don't know if you're interested but the icing on the cake for that truck would be a windshield!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:59 pm 

Wow, that's just stunning!

Post subject: Windshields...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:46 pm 

I'm gonna try and add a windshield with a transparent black texture and transparent face type, but The vert count is already at 1800, I still need to add interior detail, and my Beer-keg fuel tank (like on my real '62 Chev). And anything over 2000 verts causes the "noah effect" on my comp. And I'm not gonna release a truck that does THAT! So the windshield may have to wait.

Post subject: chassis
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:40 am 

you can use this beauty if you want Image
http://barml.freeservers.com/4patchas34.zip