MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

Post subject: Good Paint Jobs?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:27 pm 

well, i figured i'd post this here. i've been making trucks for over 4 years now, and i've gotten really good with models and such. i can cut pieces off of one thing, put em on another, i can create frames from scratch (see Psycho), i can edit bodies a bit, i can do a lot. my problem comes when it's time to paint the truck. my creativity just goes kaput, and i can never come up with anything good. that's how about 3/4 of my trucks never get released. but creativity isn't all of it, because i've had other people send me pictures of what they want (see nitromare and psycho) and they turn out decent. but my skills just aren't that great. the only trucks that have decent flame jobs were when someone else painted them for me. anytime i make flames, they come out rounded or just crappy. max directed me into trying to make a small s with a bezier curve and vector move it around to get it nice. point is, i've read cale's tutorial for PSP 7 a million times, and lord knows it's helped. but i still want to learn more and be better. i want to reach my full potential and create much more awesome trucks than i have in the past, without phototexturing that is. if there are any good tips or tutorials hidden around here (i've read alpine's as well, didn't do too much for me) that help you out with PSP7 and gives you more help with flames and other great details, please help me.