A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:51 am

Post subject: Re: Indestructible by DiggerFan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:12 pm 
Diggerdude

TlathamXmahtalT wrote:
Perfect for freestyle but maybe too tight for racing.

Just edit the handling yourself then [doh] [:P]

Post subject: Re: Indestructible by DiggerFan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:06 pm 

SkeletonKing wrote:
TlathamXmahtalT wrote:
Perfect for freestyle but maybe too tight for racing.

Just edit the handling yourself then [doh] [:P]

Idk how...i dont even know how to CREATE a truck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:40 pm 
Diggerdude

There's always time to learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:08 pm 

SkeletonKing wrote:

Pshh...Every tutorial i go to, I barely understand, and my MTM2 doesn't have the files it should have to create a truck, even when i reinstall it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:19 pm 

TlathamXmahtalT wrote:
SkeletonKing wrote:

Pshh...Every tutorial i go to, I barely understand, and my MTM2 doesn't have the files it should have to create a truck, even when i reinstall it.

Are you using Vista?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:55 pm 

Warren262 wrote:
TlathamXmahtalT wrote:
SkeletonKing wrote:

Are you using Vista?

Windows XP 2007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:40 am 
Diggerdude

TlathamXmahtalT wrote:
my MTM2 doesn't have the files it should have to create a truck, even when i reinstall it.

Then you have the most retarded version of MTM2 ever...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:35 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Sounds like you have the demo of the game. The full game will have all the files needed.

Adding the files from the full game to the demo doesnt work either for some reason...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:37 am 
Glow Ball

The demo can be made to work but you have to jump through a few hoops.

http://cownap.com/~mtmg/demo.shtml

Anyway, yes, it's either the demo or a non-iso download. We run into this sort of thing more and more often as people offer the game in a zip - short cuts usually don't pay for something like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:52 am 

Rep Fan wrote:
Sounds like you have the demo of the game. The full game will have all the files needed.

Adding the files from the full game to the demo doesnt work either for some reason...

It is a disk of the full game I bought in 1998.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:11 am 
Glow Ball

Then yes you do have all the files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:49 am 

Phineus wrote:
Then yes you do have all the files.

When I try to extract on Podini or whatever it's called, all the files that runt9 shows on the tutorial aren't there and I had to reinstall it yesterday, so it's pretty current.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:58 am 
Glow Ball

You are not being very specific. Nobody can help you if you are not precise. What extract, what files, what page and what step in the tutorial? Sorry to say but computers don't take 'maybe' for an answer. You have to have it right or it won't work.

You can also try this http://cownap.com/~mtmg/repaint/ but I'll tell you now: you have to follow instructions and you are not allowed to skip steps.

But no matter how you try, you have to tell us where you are when you have a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:03 am 

Phineus wrote:
You are not being very specific. Nobody can help you if you are not precise. What extract, what files, what page and what step in the tutorial? Sorry to say but computers don't take 'maybe' for an answer. You have to have it right or it won't work.

You can also try this http://cownap.com/~mtmg/repaint/ but I'll tell you now: you have to follow instructions and you are not allowed to skip steps.

But no matter how you try, you have to tell us where you are when you have a problem.

Ok, on the last step, when I try to make the POD, it says Missing Files: TRUCK/Dirt.TRK And MODELS/Dirt.BIN. Continue? (Yes Or No). Yes=Create A Blank TRK File And No=Nothing. Do you understand? Also, I did not skip ANY steps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:43 am 
Glow Ball

I assume you are using cpod?

> it says Missing Files: TRUCK/Dirt.TRK

How can that one be missing. That is the one you open.

> And MODELS/Dirt.BIN.

ACT and RAW files go into the /ART/ folder

BIN files go into the /MODELS/ folder

TRK files go into the /TRUCK/ folder

> I did not skip ANY steps.

You missed something. There are 5291 trucks on this site that work, so the methods described do in fact work. Sometimes what happens is the file extensions get twisted around. Have you unchecked the "hide file extensions for known file types" checkbox in folder options?

http://cownap.com/~mtmg/folderoptionsxp.shtml

Give it a look and see what you can see. Let us know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:53 pm 

Phin, he's using my tutorial, so he's using Binedit 2.2.8's built in pod maker.

TJ, my tutorials are 110% fool proof. I tested them and you shouldn't have any issues if you follow the steps to a T. I'm sorry, i can't help it if there are things in there that are too hard for you to follow, but i did my best to make sure they're as SIMPLE as possible. If you're a little more specific with the problem you're having, what steps you took to get there, etc, then i might be able to help you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:41 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

I use Tracked2, and still do. I dont know anything about Pod Maker, but something I see, that causes an issue with Tracked2, is the names.

Tracked2 gets a lil picky about having the same name of the bin models. You have to call the body one name, the tires models another, and definately never use the same named art files, as the bin models. Its as if it gets too many of the same names, it cant distinguish the difference between them all.

I still run Windows ME... sadly, so I dont know if Tracked2 will work on XP or Vista, but if it does, I would use that. It does all the hard stuff for you, and makes building trucks a breeze imo.

Dont know if that will help you, but I use names like "_DIRT.bin" then art files like "dirty01.raw" "dirty02.raw" etc, then name the .TRK of the main truck something like "DRTTRUCK.TRK" and keep all of the names under 8 characters long.

I've never used C-Pod, or Pod Maker. I still use the old school method, the free Paint Shop 4, Tracked2, Palette Master, Texture Replacer, Winpod, etc. But using them may have an issue with the newer operating systems, but if cant get other methods to work, you could try something else, and I can try to help you as best I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:04 pm 

Yeah reppy, that's the more reliable method, and is the way that i started out doing things. The problem is, that process is a lot harder to follow, and tracked is buggy with XP, while binedit's truck/pod maker is quite simple, but has some nice advanced features. It's easier for a new guy to follow a tutorial using binedit's goodies rather than importing it all into tracked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:16 pm 

runt9 wrote:
Yeah reppy, that's the more reliable method, and is the way that i started out doing things. The problem is, that process is a lot harder to follow, and tracked is buggy with XP, while binedit's truck/pod maker is quite simple, but has some nice advanced features. It's easier for a new guy to follow a tutorial using binedit's goodies rather than importing it all into tracked.

Well, first of all, I used the one Phin just gave to me and idk why the files aren't there. I will try yours again immediately.

Secondly, I told you all there was something wrong with my MTM2 and I didn't have all the files.

Lastly, I really don't want to make the trucks now, just simply repaint them. It's too complicated for me to understand why the files aren't there, so I will stick to just repainting as it is until I find out how to fix this problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:03 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

Tracked2 isnt for everybody, its just the way I was taught, and just stuck with it.

First off, to ask a dumb question... In your folder settings in Windows Explorer, do you have your settings set right... Should be able to go into Tools at the top of the window, and there should be some sort of Folder Options.

In there click the View tab, and make sure the boxes that say "Show Hidden Files and Folders" is checked, and "Hide Protected Operating System Files", and be sure you have "Hide file extentions for known file types" UN-checked.

That should show you everything. Someplace, I know there is a list of what files you should have for all we say, is visible to you. If someone has that, since my stuff isnt installed, that we can find out exactly what he's missing, and what to give him. Lets just start from the beginning.

No point in buying 5 gallons of paint for a car you dont own yet.