MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:17 am

Post subject: Are trucks different?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:03 pm 

Is there any different between trucks? Are any faster then others? Are some shocks better then others? Does truck size play any role in how the truck can perform?

Why I ask is because I was doing a tournament with 16 downloaded trucks, and every single one was different in the speed, steering, and how it went after hitting some cars.

Like the Bigfoot 8 truck, and Max D, and Goldberg seemed seemed to be the fastest, Bigfoot 8 was best off jumps, and Bigfoot 8 had far and away the best control. Then the Warrior Hummer was ALOT slower then any other truck, another but not as slow truck was the Mad Dog truck.

I've yet to go all the way thru making a truck, but can you edit its speed and so on?

And it was all played on pro mode.

Post subject: Re: Are trucks different?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 pm 

Every truck is the same accept you can edit the settings to make it lean more/less. That's about it on the way it handles.

There is no difference in speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:46 pm 

On a straight drag track the OCIR track, doing every start the same way (holding on to the up arrow) here are some of the speeds.

USA 1 13:33
Virginia Giant 13:36
Superman 13:38
King Kong 3 13:39
Stinger 13:40
Big Foot 5 13:41
Grave Digger 20 13:47
Bigfoot 8 13:50
Warrior 13:64

I dunno take that for what its worth, and as i said on a track with cars Warrior seemed way slow, and Bigfoot 8 had the best control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:27 am 

wilso2k3 wrote:
On a straight drag track the OCIR track, doing every start the same way (holding on to the up arrow) here are some of the speeds.

I dunno take that for what its worth, and as i said on a track with cars Warrior seemed way slow, and Bigfoot 8 had the best control.

USA-1 rules. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:10 am 

wilso2k3 wrote:

Every truck is the same, in speed, acceleration, and basic handling. The only thats different however, for example Outlaws new Bigfoot 8 is set spongey, meaning the truck leans while it turns and gives it more control according to your preference. In all actuality the trucks are the same and in no way does one hav an advantage over others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:50 pm 

Sewilo wrote:
wilso2k3 wrote:

Every truck is the same, in speed, acceleration, and basic handling. The only thats different however, for example Outlaws new Bigfoot 8 is set spongey, meaning the truck leans while it turns and gives it more control according to your preference. In all actuality the trucks are the same and in no way does one hav an advantage over others.

Wrong.

Its in the matter of how you set your truck up, You can adjust the setup in which can modify the control/acceleration and speed (by gearing), its all in binedit. You can make a truck have better acceleration with a less longer wheel base, You can make a truck turn better with the truck being lower to the ground. All trucks are NOT the same. They start off the same but its all in binedit and how you drive them. Depending as I said, on the setup some trucks DO have the advantage over others.. You won't see many long wheel based trucks winning on short drags, but you will see the short wheel based trucks excelling at them. An you will not see many stock type handling trucks beating out "Sponge" trucks.

In summary, all trucks are not the same, you can create your own set ups that stick to your driving style better, as well as modifying the truck to excel at certain type of tracks, and aside from stock handling trucks. There are no trucks the exact same

P.S its is not Kozaks Bigfoot 8, its Scotts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:14 pm 

NOTHING about the body model itself will change the handling/acceleration of the truck. It's all in the wheel positions. I have been needing to do a tutorial about this for a long time, but I've been too busy. There are SO MANY different ways to edit the handling of a truck, it's not even funny. I spent 2 years figuring out what does what, so I know a lot about it.

And pretty much everything Jordo said is 100% correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:49 pm 

runt9 wrote:
NOTHING about the body model itself will change the handling/acceleration of the truck. It's all in the wheel positions. I have been needing to do a tutorial about this for a long time, but I've been too busy. There are SO MANY different ways to edit the handling of a truck, it's not even funny. I spent 2 years figuring out what does what, so I know a lot about it.

And pretty much everything Jordo said is 100% correct.

Exactly!

For once we agree Alex :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:20 pm 

Pro Tip: set all scrap points to 0 and when your truck rolls it will immediately right itself :).

Do this online and I will personally hunt you down, and rip your liver out and make you eat it.