MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:18 pm

Post subject: going for broke and need minor help
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:44 pm 

ok so after my journey with figuring out how paint shop pro worked i have decided to start building my self a truck:) Now i am using pretty much everything from legwon's emporium and i have a frame with an already mounted motor and the body automatically lined up with the frame. Now here is my minor question. I have read the only tutorial that i could find and it couldn't really answer it, so how do you move stuff, like shocks tires axles, how do you get that out of the center of all the axis'. and the only other question i have is do you have to wait for the truck to be finished before you can paint it? those are my only questions and i can't wait to show all you guys my first truck:):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:18 pm 

If you're talking about moving individual parts of the truck, use the tab key to cycle the vertices then press "V" to select the vertex. them go to models/ translate. from there, select "Selected Vertices", and then you can move the parts you've selected without opening the parts separately and then trying to position the models off the truck. Be sure to save the vertex groups so you can use them later if the need arises.

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:53 pm 

Thank you very much pm customs, and btw i just want to say that i love your work and if anyone could help me i'm glad it was you :) lol Thanks again for your help:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:04 am 

so here is my work in progress

Phineus i hope that you are proud :) and all i need to do is finish paint then i need help with the shocks connecting to the axles, four link bars, and driveshafts like where do you get those or do they just load up automatically when you make the pod file?? as well as how do i color the four link bars??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:52 am 
Glow Ball

Very nicely done.

For the axles and shocks and things, have a look at the binedit TRK editor, you can set them up pretty quick there... and see what you're doing in real time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 am 

Delete the tires and axles, as you can automatically put those on the truck in the TRK editor with BINEdit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:29 pm 

alright probably a stupid question but what the heck is the TRK editor through binedit?? lol i mean i know what a TRK file is but what is the TRK editor?? thank u for helping me out though:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:34 pm 

The trk editor in Binedit replaces Tracked2, it shows your truck in a 3d view and lets you change things like tire placement and body model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:04 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Basically if you start with a model like that, look at it, decide what ya wanna save, and scroll thru the faces.. "spacebar" and delete... "X" what you want to go away. Be sure to delete vertices when yer done.

Save everything as seperate models. Then move it where ya want. It's possible to have like 20 seperate models saved, just to make one truck.

Nother place to go is Twisted Metal's place http://va2_twistedmetal.tripod.com/accessories.html

Shut yer Java off tho, you'll get pop up's from hell there, just warning ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:12 pm 

Well thank you everyone as you can see i have finally figured out the TRK editor thing:)

However whenever i go to pod it the tires and axles stay stock and i cannot figure out why idk if i am not putting something in the pod file right or at all. I also don't know really what has to go in the pod file. I have been putting all the .bin's, .raw's, .act's, and the trk file. Are those the right things or am i missing something??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:51 pm 
Glow Ball

somethin_evil_truck wrote:
However whenever i go to pod it the tires and axles stay stock and i cannot figure out why idk if i am not putting something in the pod file right or at all.

Did you rename the files with something unique?

Quote:
I also don't know really what has to go in the pod file. I have been putting all the .bin's, .raw's, .act's, and the trk file. Are those the right things or am i missing something??

Have you road tested it in the game yet? Looks like you got it pretty good but the acid test is in game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:29 pm 

that would be it phin:) you the man:):) thanks alot:)

sorry i got carried away with the smilies lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:38 pm 

Very nice my friend! You have just inspired me lol im gonna try and make another truck :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:46 pm 

well thank you very much Blown_steel. Its my dream monster truck lol it started on a piece of paper and hopefully it will be coming to a show near you soon via mtm2.....for now lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:31 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

If you get that far and you wanna mess with it, go here:
http://va2_twistedmetal.tripod.com/lighting.html

TURN OFF JAVASCRIPT!
It's pop up hell. But you can get textures there for various light textures, if you wanna mess with adding lights to it, imo, a truck isnt done until it has lights.

I can show ya how to adjust em, and place em, aim em, make em flash, color em, whatever you want. I know race trucks dont have lights, but if its your own personal truck, and ya wanna get into the heart of truck building, lights are cool.

And... Legwon's isnt the only scrapyard, there's Twisted Metal's, just turn Java Script off, its a Tripod site, it'll hammer you with pop-ups, but go here: http://va2_twistedmetal.tripod.com/accessories.html

Thats where I used to shop...