MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:15 am

Post subject: anarchy's project truck >:)...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:17 am 

Ok could someone make me my very own custom truck based on the 2009-2010 dodge ram 1500 single cab. the coloring i will leave up to the designer but it has to use the name anarchy and have a painted frame :P. If someone could make a truck for me i would GREATLY appreciate it :)

Last edited by anarchyxf36 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:25 am 

To save people time of posting, you can learn to make ur own, not trying to be rude but most people are gonna say make it urself :D I would kno, i've tried already lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:28 pm 

Blown_Steel wrote:
To save people time of posting, you can learn to make ur own, not trying to be rude but most people are gonna say make it urself :D I would kno, i've tried already lol

I agree with blown_steel, i mean its really not that hard if you look at the topic below this you can see that i have been working on my truck for about a week now and just learned how to paint a truck last week. Once you know how everything works on the programs and what needs to be coverted files wise then it comes pretty easy:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:06 pm 

I agree. Building trucks, models, and things for a game can sounds really intimidating, so most people don't even think about it.

Fortunately we have some great program writers, so almost everything now is point and click. Making a new trucks is as easy as learning a new browser like firefox etc. All the resources are available.

at one time I had truck making down to a science, so I would make a truck or repaint a existing truck for everybody on my team, and just about everyone I knew.

if you, or anyone reading this needs any help with with tracks or trucks, I am more than happy to help, just give me a holler.

Sky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:29 pm 

well please tell me there's tutorials around somewhere. also i know this isn't really the thread to post this question but it is kinda related. Where's a good place to download prefab models and whatnot? I remember MTMG used to have good ones for track makers and truck makers but i've been away for so long that most of the ones i used arent even around anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:05 am 

you know after trying binedit and whatnot i re-realized something... The reason i never made a *beep* model in the first place is cause its like trying to learn the ancient aztec language by studying it from a dictionary written in aztec to begin with. I have crammed so much info into my brain i have a migrane. In short.... if someone can make it for me *coughcalecough* and do a good job i will gladly send them a couple nude pics of my gf. even though it means me getting [bump] upside my head by her for doing it. [:P]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:51 am 
Glow Ball

anarchyxf36 wrote:
well please tell me there's tutorials around somewhere. also i know this isn't really the thread to post this question but it is kinda related. Where's a good place to download prefab models and whatnot? I remember MTMG used to have good ones for track makers and truck makers but i've been away for so long that most of the ones i used arent even around anymore.

You're joking, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:54 pm 

http://malibu350.com/
http://mtm2.com/

More there than you can shake stick at. It took me a while to get my memory going, but once I had a look around it all came back pretty clear.

Serious if you need any real time help, send me a PM we'll hook up via some instant messenger. I doubt you will have much luck with anyone wanting to paint or build a truck for you. regardless as to whether or not they have the know how, it is still a ton of work.

Sky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:25 pm 

Things are way easier than they used to be, the only things you need now are Binedit, flyrawgui, and psp4. Binedit is much more advanced now, it takes alot of harder things out altogether. My old trucks are here under my old name, Gasman. I use Binedit for Evo 2, I think its easier and more accurate than Zmod, which I only use to convert the bins to smfs. This is what I'm working on for Evo 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:21 pm 

you know the one problem i have with binedit is that i could never figure out the foot to unit measurement conversion factor. If i can figure out that then i can come out with alot of quality work. side note... (i've studied monster trucks and frame work extensivly since i was 10 years old as well as made friendships with some of the drivers/owners and my background as a home mechanic has given me significant insight as to how to build one from the ground up.) My most memorable moment was when my good friend Mark Hall of Hall Bros. Racing actually let me get up onto the tire of the truck and let me take pics while i was standing on it at the Bloom 4-Wheel Jamboree when he was driving the 01 executioner. My second most memorable moment was doing a photo op with him and my 1/10 scale stampede monster truck as well as getting the dodge ram body i painted autographed by him. Anyways sorry for the nostalgic moment hehe. [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:26 am 
Glow Ball

> i could never figure out the foot to unit measurement conversion factor

1 foot = 256 units

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:57 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Kool truck Gasman... [(-:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:30 pm 

Thanks Kevin, its good to see you around again.

Once you begin to learn a few basic things the rest will begin to fall in place. The first thing I ever made was a fuel cell, 8 vertices and six faces. The truck I posted is about 30,000 verts so far, it does get easier.

I started with using other peoples stuff from scrapyards, just getting used to moving parts around assembling stuff. One thing that helped me is before you insert a model into another model open the one you will be inserting and select all vertices and then save them as a group. Name them something obvious and save the model. Now when you insert it you can go under the vert groups menu an load your saved verts so you can isolate that part and move it around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:13 pm 

Wait,wait,wait, freeze, hold on a sec. You're GASMAN? Awesome! So, are you strictly Evo now or do you have anything MTM 2 in the works?

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:17 pm 

I am he. I haven't built anything since Awesome Kong II for MTM2. I tried about two years ago to do something for Evo2 but quit on it. I was going to do a rep of the original Black Stallion for MTM2 years ago but kinda lost interest. I then made the failed attempt at Evo2, but now I'm back. I've thought about doing MTM2 stuff but I like the extra freedom of Evo2. I can't paint very well so I prefer to build the extra detail into the model and MTM2 hates extra verts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:50 pm 

Well, that King Kong looks awesome, for sure!

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:23 pm 

Well here's how its looking so far...

managed to get the hood, windshield, roof, and partially the bed done. i'll post more as i get more done :P aaaaaaand as an added bonus after i get the body done i'll probably end up donating it to the scrapyards for anyone to use :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 pm 

its looking pretty good. To be honest with you i haven't even attempted making my own parts yet. The truck i'm finishing up was actually made with parts from legwon's emporium. So i give you lots of credit and its looking real good man:) [tu] [tu] [tu] [tu]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:33 pm 

[quote="somethin_evil_truck"]The truck i'm finishing up was actually made with parts from legwon's emporium.quote]
That's where i got my parts. There, and Twisted Metal's and Malibu's scraps :D

Looking very nice so far bud, keep it up! [cheers]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:12 pm 

Blown_Steel wrote:
somethin_evil_truck wrote:
The truck i'm finishing up was actually made with parts from legwon's emporium.quote]
That's where i got my parts. There, and Twisted Metal's and Malibu's scraps :D

Looking very nice so far bud, keep it up! [cheers]

hey thanks man:)