MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:46 am

Post subject: Anybody want an untextured truck?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:54 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

Fifteen years ago (MAN I feel old now), a young and inexperienced me - under the name Tarres back then - created a monstrosity called 4x4 Delivery. It was....... interesting.

A couple years ago, I got the idea in my head to go back and redesign it with the 3D modeling knowledge I have now. Granted, I am not an artist by any stretch, but I think I did a pretty good job. The new version actually resembles a truck, includes the rear rollcage and driver, uses beveled edges and some unmerged vertices to create what I think are rather nice shading effects, and still weighs in at under 1K verts.

The only thing is, I lost my touch (if I ever had one) for UV mapping in BinEdit loooong ago and lack the motivation to relearn it for one truck. So... free to good home:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0feve5fgpxeqks/delivery0.3ds?dl=0

Some notes. ALL of these are optional. Creative control is yours.
-You may be able to free up some vertices by simplifying the driver mesh (stolen and heavily modified from an old Quake-style game engine), which would leave room for some crates or pallets in the back.
-I always pictured this truck with safety netting on the rollcage to prevent materials from falling out when traveling on rough terrain.
-Merging would free up some vertices, but you'd lose the clean shading lines.
-Windows are included and could be given the semitransparent glitch-feature.
-It's converted from a non-mtm2 format and the scale is way, way wrong. Also the model is probably oriented on the wrong axis. But no doubt you'll notice this right away.

Credit for the model would be appreciated if you release anything with it.