MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

Post subject: Constrution Site Tag
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 11:08 am 
This Is my first track that I actully made from scratch! There are several things you can do on it. Hunt down The checkpoints (not easy!) Play tag, or smash cars around! I ment this to be a circuit but I messed up somewhere I also had to upload the track again for some reason too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 8:10 am 

Sorry to say this but this track is a mess. Zonr_0 please put your next track in the beta section and the experts will tell you how to get it working properly before you release upon a picky public Image
It's a huge download at about 3.5 Megs.. music again?
The course itself occupies a tiny corner of the terrain. Using C98 textures Zonr_0 has tried to create a tight out-of-shape figure eight. The reason why the map doesn't work (or the comp trucks, or the checkpoints) are as follows:
1. There are 18 course segments, where you could have easily covered the course with 12 or 13.
2. They are out of sequence and overlap.
3. Some checkpoint boxes are facing the wrong way.

There are 235 textures included (the widest part of the course only covers 28 terrain squares). What you should have done is purge any unused textures - in Traxx go to View/Textures and on your Texture box click on the little sweeping brush icon.
>edit, see the post below.

The course segments: pay special attention to make sure they are in sequence - we have all had this problem when starting out. Check to make sure that the green is at the start of a segment and red at the end. Avoid letting segments overlap i.e. make sure that there is some space between the end of one segment and the beginning of the next. Checkpoint boxes: you have to be careful that they are all pointing in the right direction.. it can be a little tricky working out what angle to put in the properties but it just takes practise.
The checkpoint box at the start/finish line should have the highest number.
Line your trucks up at the start. You have to move each one of the little triangles numbered 1 to eight and set each of their properties (angle).

Check out the Traxx help section on this page.

Hope this helps

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

[This message has been edited by EmceeMart (edited 28-05-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 8:19 am 
MC,

Be careful what you recommend to people, cause remember that not everyone has the same version of everything.

For example, I use Traxx 1.2, and there's no trace of a brush icon that I know of.

A new track maker could really get thrown off Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 8:43 am 

Your absolutely right Andy... I haven't used 1.2 for a while and didn't realise the purge feature was not there. So I guess in that case you'd have to use the scissors button and cut each unused texture one by one?

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2000 1:12 pm 
I just want to comment that MC was right and thanks for the tips! (Oh by the way, i'm notgoing to upload tracks for a while now) Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2000 4:22 pm 

Zonr_0 thanks for the acknowledgement. Don't let your first effort discourage you from uploading future tracks though! Just upload them to the beta section and invite comments. You will get a lot of good advice. Image

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 12:15 am 

give the guy a break,this is his first track and "find the checkpoint" is fun.this track is fine is you only do one lap after that it gets annoying.also,i couldn't find any cars,direct me to 'em!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:31 am 
CKY TRACK SORRY MAN