MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 am

Post subject: Any1 bored/interested enough to want to replicate my truck?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:42 pm 

I've been a S10 freak for years...I had an 86 shortbed which I lifted 6" & stuffed 35" tires under:

Then I added bushwacker cutout flares to it:

Then I t-boned a cavalier with it:

& fixed it, then sold it so I wouldn't have to deal with getting a R-title(prolly 1 of my dumbest moves of all-time).

Then I bought a 87 S10 blazer w/ a 350/TH350 & 5" suspension lift which I added 3" of body lift & 32" swampers to it & it looks like this:

But my wife blew the 350 & it sat for a year & rotted so now I bought a 92 4-door that looked like this:

And I'm gonna take the drivetrain & lift off of the 87 & put them in this...add the bushwackers like I had on my pickup, & stick some 35's & alcoa's under it.

I've also taken the 93 grille & the bumpers off the 87 & put them on the 92, but I haven't taken any pics since.

I deleted all my truck making stuff some years ago & haven't even attempted to make anything since, & to be honest, I don't have the time or motivation to mess with it now.

I'd love to be able to run my own truck in MTM2, but if I can't, no biggie...I'll keep racin that ugly pos I made years ago, hehe.

I used to have an MTM2 model of a 2-door s10 blazer, but I'll be damned if I know where I got it...I lost interest & never re-mapped/painted it to make it look like my blue 1.

I did, however, find this NFS car thru a quick google search, I guess it could be a start?
http://www.nfsg.net/index.php?topic=car ... =hs&id=324

I realize this is a huge request...& it ain't gonna hurt my feelings none if no one's got the time/care to take it on...just figured while I was thinkin of it again, I'd throw a post in here.

Edit, looks like a didn't dig deep enough...here's 2 more links 2 blazers, tho they might be the same model anyway, not sure:
http://www.speedsims.com/mod.php?action ... ileid=2237
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/index.php?g ... =NFS4_Cars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:03 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

I could do this for you.

There are some problems though. I know Jam n' Jim made a Blazer, that was converted over from another game, that could be used for this. Thing is, that all those links are to models just like his, but they are all 2 doors. I could make this, but in order for it to be a real Rep of your teal Blazer, I'd have to do some severe re-modeling to make it a 4 door.

The paint I can do, no problem. The wheels, no problem. Getting it all to handle, no problem. But the 4 door thing will be a problem.

I can make an exact Rep of the blue one, using Jim's Blazer I think. Depends on what grille it has, but I dunno about the 4 door thing. I don't know if I'm that good. Those models all are made to be 2 doors, and have the windows molded into them, so you could delete the windows if you wanted, that's just how they make them. If the model was just like an MTM2 model, it would be all flat along the sides, and with some fancy repainting, you could make as many doors as you'd like. I might be able to repaint it, but it may look kinda funny, with painted on rear doors, with the molded in lines for only two, ya know what I mean?

I could give it a shot though, if you want me to. Just shoot me an email telling me exactly how you want it to look, and what you want on it, and I'll do my best for ya, no guarantees though.

If that's good enough for ya, I'm game. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:13 pm 

Jam n' Jim, that sounds about right...I think thats who'd made the blazer I did have back in the day that I was going to work from. IIRC, the windows were just painted on it...& it had this same front end as these 3 have, but I was just going to try to take a nice head-on pic of the grille on the truck & use that. BTW, I believe it was green in color.

Let me email you rather than blabbing more here...if any1 else knows how & cares to stretch that model(once I find it) w/o too much trouble, plz do let me know :)

& thanks for the offer, Rep Fan...you sure have done alot for the members on this team... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:22 pm 

Well, you've already helped quite a bit & I've not even emailed ya yet...just by tellin me the author's name I was able to find that blazer np by google'n it :)

http://members.aol.com/jamnjimm/3d2mtm.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:39 pm 
easy company

Phin made a 87 jimmy a while back that's pretty close, body wise.

'87 Jimmy 45k zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:44 pm 

Very nice...thx for the heads up, mal :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:13 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

Phin's will be perfect. That handles the body.

Now, the hard part. Finding pics for the wheels, and tires.

The fender flares are no problem, at least I don't think they will be.

The grille will be easy, I can get some shots of it from either Google, or eBay. I'm gonna go surf for awhile, and try to scare up some pics of the wheels n stuff. N8, what are each of those called?

Specific names, Uniroyal...? and I need the name of the wheels, I have some made that are close to those, but the ones you're gonna put on here, have larger holes. I can make them identical with the right pics, tire tread and all. I love makin wheels. [:P]

Edit: I think I found the wheels, are they called Mickey Thompson Classic II's?
http://www.tyres1.com/search/products/MT357441.html
Now I just need a straight on shot of one, all the one's I've found so far are all angled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:38 pm 

Yep, that's the wheels...the tires are gonna be Uniroyal Laredo Mud Terrains. Fairly rare, I'll look for a pic of em too....if not, BFG's or any other mud terrain will work :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:50 pm 

Just FYI, this is pretty much what I'm wanting my real truck to look like when I'm done...minus about 6" of lift & all them dam accessories, lol :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:11 pm 

Yea, I did a long search for the wheels & tires & I'm not finding good pics of either, lol.

Heck, I don't care that much about them, something like regular modular wheels w/ BFG MT's or some other sort of mud tread is fine by me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:08 am 

I think I found 1 that might work...is this enough of a direct shot?

EDIT:
I did a search for the tires too & came up w/ some stuff, I dunno if any of it will help tho...
ImageImage
ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:05 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

PERFECT!

Thanks bud. Now I can get started.

I'll be in touch thru email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:31 pm 

Cool...guess I'm not totally useless afterall ;)

If you need more shots of the truck, let me know man, I can take all u need when I'm @ home...its up on jackstands w/ a blown rear for the time being, but that don't keep me from snappin pics, heh :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:32 pm 
Glow Ball

I'm curious, was this ever made ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:16 am 

Not sure , but I remodeled Jammin Jim's 2 door into a 4 door for Rep Fan quite a while ago . He said it was for a friend is all i know from there .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:37 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

I actually had it started, then I lost everything in a format before I had a chance to back anything up, so it's long gone.

I don't have much time these days to build a new one, if anyone wants to take a shot at it. I have a perfect set of wheels made that I used on many trucks, so I can make a new set with Uniroyals on it, if someone wants to do the rest of it.

Sorry N8, been alot of stuff going on here lately, and I just don't have the time anymore. When I first started on this, I was un-employed, now I'm working again and it's been a lil rough trying to get back in a normal way of life again.

But I'm sure there are enuff guys that can still get this done, I'll help out where I can.