MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

Post subject: Harbour Town 1997 (Beta) by Cr@$hC@rt
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:10 am 
Glow Ball

Cr@$hC@rt's have trouble posting on the forum and asked me to seek out testers for his new track. I haven't even run it yet; it was just put on the page. I think the paint is still wet. Anyway, he can still read the forum no problem so you can be sure he's taking it all in. Meantime, I'll work with him to get the problem solved.

Harbour Town 1997

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/dl.cgi?dl=3224

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:50 am 

Anyone know why GOLF.TXX file is in the ZIP?

This doesn't seem ready....plain flat jagged and squared-off roadways, no CPs, few models and little background, .....the course seem very incomplete...Even using the map, I became quite lost at the far end. (dead end?) There doesn't seem to be a complete loop.

P.S...the corvette model in the parking lot needs to be resized..it's half the size of the other vehicle track models.

I think I'd label it an ALPHA track...it's not complete enough for beta testing yet.

------------------
- BigDOGGe's Boneyard ...The Best Custom Trucks in MTM2 -

<font size=1>Edited by ZOtm_BigDOGGe (26-04-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:05 am 
Glow Ball

Crash just sent me "In the Harbour Town 1997 zip there is a TXX file to play about with." I think he's looking for constructive suggestions.

I still haven't ran it yet.

edit. I just ran it, and ...

Ah, I get it. It's a golf course. Are those custom textures you made yourself? Anyway, the uh, the um, whatdaya call the place where you start? The clubhouse? Anyway, that's a big laggy there. You should think about removing a couple high vertex models from the parking lot. But the rest is showing some great potential. I think you should run the trucks right over the tee off spots, down the fareways and over the putting greens. Use the pins/flags/cup (the place where you're supposed to sink the ball on the green) as the checkpoint flags. Then it's through the club house and out again for another lap. There's a theme in the making here and I think you should draw it out a bit more. So far, there's a good start. I like it. Will this be a nine or an eightteen hole course?

<font size=1>Edited by Phineus (26-04-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:01 am 

Ah, I see...the name really threw me (where's the harbor? lol)

If you are thinking golf, why not think MINIATURE GOLF?

Example of a hole: ...driving down the fairway, then thru the opening under a windmill to the putting green, with the rotating windmill blades blocking the path on occasion (as seen on a real Miniature-course).

... Gotta see some real mini-courses for more hole ideas, but it sounds like a possible track idea.......

------------------
- BigDOGGe's Boneyard ...The Best Custom Trucks in MTM2 -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:37 am 
Glow Ball

lol, crash is still fairly new to track making; I think animated windmills might be a bit too much to expect at this stage - those textures and the layout are actually quite an accomplishment. That said, yes, it's a good idea and hopefully will fuel him on to more things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:53 am 
Trackologist

Nice to see Cr@$h opting to give this room a go. Let's make sure we have plenty of donuts, coffee...and just to be safe since I don't know how old he is, put a couple Disney movies and building blocks out there in the waiting area. I mean, you never know these days lol.

This guys has come quite a ways with his track making, and so many times I thought to myself, "Man...if only he had a little bit of input on this one...it could have been a <u>really</u> nice track." He either read my mind or stumbled across a couple of reviews where I've pleaded with others to go this route in order to get the most out of their efforts.

Having said all of that...I haven't run the track yet lol. I will tonight - headed to bed now. I'll give it a whirl on my lunch break and post some stuff tomorrow. Out for now, and welcome to The Beta Room, Cr@$h! Image

<font size=1>Edited by SLO_COPE (26-04-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:37 pm 
Trackologist

O yeah, nice looking start so far, and I really like how it starts with the jump up onto the elevated platform. By the way, are those groundboxes? I noticed I was sticking when I landed, and correct me if I'm wrong here, Phin/Wint/Mal...but that is a known characteristic of using groundboxes, correct? At any rate, I like it.

O yeah, nice looking start so far, and I really like how it starts with the jump up onto the elevated platform. By the way, are those groundboxes? I noticed I was sticking when I landed, and correct me if I'm wrong here, Phin/Wint/Mal...but that is a known characteristic of using groundboxes, correct? At any rate, I like it.

Since the layout is still a work in progress, there's really not a whole lot to say at this point. I do agree that you could afford to drop a few of the models at the start. If you're partial to a sense of realism, you don't normally find fire engines and 18 wheelers parked in golf course clubhouse parking lots.

Again, without being sure what the layout will ultimately look like, I did note that guard rails would be a good idea here...or something to keep a driver's momentum from carrying them into the water. Then again, often times "other drivers" are the cause of that sort of thing lol.

The water level here needs a slight adjustment.

Other than that the only thing that really stands out is it's relatively flat. There is no standard layout for golf courses, however, elevation changes wouldn't hurt at all.

Looking good so far, though Cr@$h!

<font size=1>Edited by SLO_COPE (27-04-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:32 am 

Just an ideas like that. How about a medium jump somewhere where you'd have to land on the green near a hole. Perhaps a sand trap around the green would even force ppl to hit the jump with some accuracy or else lose time to climb of of the trap. It could requier some work to figure something to make sure ppl dont just drive beside the jump but i think it could be done.

------------------
Jumper
Only those who will risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:18 pm 

It's me! I'm in! Here to inform you that the track is released.

Jumper, I hope that hole 8 is like what you were thinking.

Right that's it from me. Got some browsing to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:07 am 

Could not find it, where can i down load it from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:55 am 
Glow Ball

I think this is it

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/search.cgi?search=harbour+town

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:22 am 

Thx, What would we do witout you? lol