MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 am

Post subject: Get On by Enocell
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2000 8:01 pm 

I want to start this "review" by saying this is entirely My Opinion....

First off, the music is great! But my guess is that is why the pod is so large :-(
I haven't tried the rest of Enocell's tracks YET... but I intend to - on the strength of this great track. It is jam-packed full off great custum models, lots of "eye-candy". I would've liked to have seen this track without the weather mask but (like a lot of tracks) it looks good at dusk or at night. Again, as in the Rondat Speedway review, I have only raced against the computer trucks, but I found them to be pretty competitive here. This is a long and winding road (that leads to your door - Ok, Beatles lyrics heehee) that goes across some beautifully made bridges, nice looking terrain and a pretty good road surface. The first junction is a little confusing, arrows pointing in both directions! You have to pay attention to your map or Finder here. But after that little glitch the rest of the course is fairly straightforward to follow.
I thought some of the tree .bins were wrongly orientated. The road textures are excellent, maybe a couple spots where they could be improved (but we're talking perfection here!)
The custom .bins are great! I loved the "Sleep Eazy" motel sign... could that be a "Sleazy" motel? :-)
After trying this track for the 3rd time I got the impression that maybe some of the textures were not given the correct attributes (i.e. set as grass, cement etc. and given the right tire depth). Maybe I'm wrong, but I found some sections of the track unexpectedly slippery. A minor little whine about an otherwise excellent track. Another minor gripe: I found some sections a little unexpected (like racing a long straight ending with a 90 degree turn). Again we're talking about perfection!! Agreat track, a gotta-have download, a lesson in how to put a good track together, and IN MY OPINION, a reason to download the whole Enocell pack.
What is this guy going to do next?

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2000 2:10 am 
Thanks! You're so right with that music thing, that's why I have used music only
in 3 tracks(and because I'm not sure is it legal to put music here from cd)
If somebody wants use my train bins, please download them from Mtm Guild models/trains section, those are a bit improved versions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2000 5:04 pm 

Hey Enocell

I'm not sure what the legal thing is with using commercaily released music, but I'm pretty sure if it's "not for commercial purposes" it's OK. Dunno, maybe somebody can enlighten me here.
As far as yer track goes - it's a keeper IMO.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart