MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 am

Post subject: *sniff sniff* I smell a new release =)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:44 pm 

Hey all, Att here. I dont know about you guys, but Traxx is addicting at times of absolute and complete boredom. But let me cut the crap and get to the point, heh.

I have a new release coming, i dont know how most of you guys out there like track "environments". Do you all like more realistic environment, or more of a superficial, nearly impossible track architecture. What i mean is, do you like track terrain (the course) to be like a normal track (jumps, curves, the usual) or do you like to have a combination of normal and superficial, superficial meaning like, you take a curve...go on a straight, then it splits to 2 sections of course which are slanted in a "V" formation..but the each side is in mid air...maybe with supports...and then say maybe entertwined paths..chosing the right one leads to a faster time to the next C.P. ( think F-Zero 64 or GX if you ever played those)

Let me know your thoughts... the track im working on is a shell yard as of now..most likely going to stay that way. Just wanted to know if i should make it "different" from the rest and maybe it would be called "sheel Shock" or something haha.

Any suggestion is well appriciated. Thanks.

~Attitude Track Productions~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:50 pm 

Just do whatever you want. In the end it's your call. You should listen to others in order to fine-tune your track after it's initially done.
That's at least my way of doing things ;)

When i did those split roads on SLO Mountains i didn't asked for anyone's oppinion. And those split roads i wanted to have in the track no matter what anyone else said. Luckily people didn't had anything against it... after they found out the best line. Strangely enough Jumper didn't knew how to take the last split road :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:35 pm 
Glow Ball

Depends on the settings. Some places are more suited to tradition, others are more suited to the imagination. If an idea calls out to me, I usually try and make something happen. If you're concerned a tough track might not get much driving time, you may be right but others will like it all the more for it. Rookies don't usually mind tough things as long as there's an occasional recovery path... but even that isn't manditory. My advice: go crazy. We never know what this game is capable of until somebody tries it. If something doesn't work out, that's fine. Just don't let it be for the lack of trying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:22 pm 

Hi Attitude!
You could call me a newie to the racing side of mtm, gotta thank those Slo guys that got me racing in the first place, but for what its worth.
I agree with whats been said below. There is such a variety of tracks around to race on. Go with your own thoughts, we all have preferences and from my point of view, i'll try any of the tracks, i love a combination of both the more realistic environments as well as the more superficial. Some tracks you may find are suited to either one or the other or a combination, go with your imagination and surprise us !!!
:)