MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

Post subject: 321 Blastoff by TeamDeath
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 11:37 pm 
Glow Ball

I've exchange a couple e-mails with teamdeath but never knew which of his tracks were the one's to try, so I'm really glad Andy mentioned this one in the post below.

321 Blastoff will probably never make the saturday night tourney but there is a lot in here to appreciate. Custom textures all around, very well done I might add, and a weird-eerie-sci-fi-space theme. At first I thought the red textures might have been from blooddance but was soon set straight by the flying saucers, satelites, new flames, the outer space areas, the pinkish area, the Metropolis-like tunnels, the yellow area (gotta love that submarine), and all those animated textures. The course layout and terrain work are very well done too. The race line is almost always clear, and when in doubt those black and yellow arrows will set you back on course. The custom backdrop fits right in, but I wonder if teamdeath knew he could cover the top.

Anyway, if you're looking for somethng a little different, you'll want to give this one a go.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2000 6:25 am 

Indeed...
This a TeamDeath style track...
The racing line is pretty good, but there is a bunch of distractions to real racing for my taste. It's somthing about blind entrance tunnels I never much liked.

But, as far as a very well laid out track that works perfectly, IE trucks and all, and has some very amazing and cool "sci-fi" feel, you'll like this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2000 4:05 pm 

For what it's worth I liked this track a lot. It reminded me a lot of another track on the "Spawn" theme which was probably also by Teamdeath. Clever, clever use of textures and levels, great transitions from one level to the next and highly entertaining. The sub was from the Beatles' Yellow Submarine, nice touch... it added to the whole surreal atmosphere of the course. But, as KC says, this is probably not a great track for online racing, but for your own computer entertainment I would highly recommend downloading this track and enjoy the Hell out if it!
I would rate this a 4 to 5 on this system:

1= would mean the track just don't work and should be deleted.
2=Pretty crappy, but works ok, don't delete, someone may want it.
3=Normal, fully functional track or rumble that meets stock standards, like AI trucks and such.
4=An above average effort that uses special custom bins, great layout, good racing (or rumbling) line, etc... this will be where most "good" tracks fall.
5=An absolute work of art, must get and keep podded, incrediable racing experience.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart