Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

Post subject: Russian Rock by Enocell
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2000 5:41 pm 
Glow Ball

Track - Russian Rock
Maker - Enocell
Genre - Rally

This track gets it's name from the music rather than a geological formation. The track uses Crankshaft's texture set and weaves it's way in and around a few hills. There is a lot of road-side scenery which includes models from all sources. But the most stiking feature of this track is the russian version of a bluesy rock tune sung in russian by a guy with a...?...voice that makes army armstrong sound like he's the alien in the game...as if he needs help with that. Anyway, the terrain work is sound, the course and layout is clear, but I'm afraid this one will remain more a novelty track than a serious racer. If you're into off-beat stuff or odd-ball music, take a closer look.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2000 3:41 pm 

It's a Finnish version of "Jailhouse Rock" and to me at least, sounded hilarious! Image
The track I found to be fairly "ordinary" but I played it over and over just to hear the soundtrack! There is a big joke with this track, that maybe does not translate very well across the ocean, the fact that the Finns will drive across the border to Russia to buy cheap gas, hence the long queue at the Russian gas station. Notwithstanding the fact that it takes all day to drive there and back and probably uses up all the "cheap" gas they went for in the first place!
I think this is a fun track, nothing outstanding as far as racing goes. It could be just as good and as much fun if was half the length. The computer trucks pretty much sucked. The track is not great but on the whole, most things work. Some nice models and a nice subtle in joke. A big smile from me for this one but IMO not a keeper for me.
The great plus to a track by Enocell is that he has a great deal of better quality stuff available for downlading. I would say this is a "maybe" download, just for the humour.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2000 1:05 am 

JUST WISH I HAD THE TIME BACK I USED DOWNLOADING AL HIS TRACKS.MOST THAT IVE RUN SO FAR ARE TEXTURE TWEAKED ITS HARD TO DECIDE WHICH TIRES U NEED.MOST LOOK REALLY KOOL BUT NEED WORK IN THE TEXTURE PROPERTIES DEPT.MOST OF THE ONES I RAN SO FAR ARE HARD TO GET A "GRIP" ON.WITH A LITTLE WORK ON MAYBE REALISTIC TEXTURE PROPERTIES THEY WOULD BE FAST,FUN<RACING TRACKS :<)

[This message has been edited by OLD_NICKatNITE (edited 31-03-2000).]