MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm

Post subject: Some new Army Armstrong commentary
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:44 am 

Here, more than eight minutes of new Army Armstrong commentary (the guy who does all of the MTM commentary), some of which would have fit right into the game, some of which can be used for new truck names, and some of which isn't good for much of anything. This is an assortment of wav files that are already in the format required by the game - PCM,11,025 Hz, 8 Bit, Mono. I saw Army commentating on tractor pulls and thought it would be fun to see if I could catch him saying anything we could use (I captured just about every word he said). This is a one time thing which I doubt I'll ever try again, but it was interesting and the wavs are kinda cool. Army is really quite a likable guy, and good at what he does.

A zip of the new wav files: <a href=http://mtm2.com/~trackville/sound/army.zip>army.zip</a> (4.7mb)

A webpage featuring all of his commentary wav files from mtm, for easy previewing and reference: <a href=http://members.fortunecity.com/tracktracks/army.htm target=army>Army!</a>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:27 pm 

Lol....I was watching the tractors last night, heard Army, and had the same idea.......only thing is, I didn't follow through with it (didn't really hear anything I wanted anyway)....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:06 am 

[)] I didn't watch it but I saw they were running consecutive shows so I fired up the VCR, later I plugged it into my computer, scanned through the tape and recorded Army's commentary. Knowing how people like to edit his words and syllables together I figured I'd provide some new material, just for kicks.

I've also isolated all of his commentary wav files from MTM2 and the MTM1 demo and made a webpage for myself to easily preview them all, including the new ones. I've uploaded the page and all of the wav files for easy access by anyone, and they are easily streamable even at 56k. Here: <a href=http://members.fortunecity.com/tracktracks/army.htm target=army>WAV files</a>