MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am

Post subject: Jurassic Park by XTrackted
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 7:19 pm 

Wow this track is pretty sweet!

I would like to offer you some ideas & suggestions tho, please take them as constructive critisicm tho as I really appreciate your effort on this track.

* As others have mentioned the textures could use some work
* Ground work IMO could really use some more time spent on it to smooth it out & "carve" it better to make for more fun & a better flow & not so many holes/bumps in the road.
* I got lost quite a few times (even using the map), I think u could really use some arrow signs of some kind.

I really love the idea behind this track & your custom bin models, I would love for you to consider this a BETA version so it can be "fixed up" as this would be a classic if done.

My team (SLO) enjoys BETA testing tracks; maybe you would like to post your track in our forums (SLO General part) @ www.teamslo.com if you would like us to be BETA testers for it. We enoy giving you our opinions on things & I think it would be good for you to get all the input. If your interested, u will need to upload ya track somewhere as KC's does'nt support direct linking, if you like I can get in touch with someone who can upload it for you. LMK Image

Oh btw, I have a wav file of the JP theme for ya, searched for it today, also found another cool wav u may wanna add to the start bit somehow, or add to the start of the theme wav somehow if you know how to do wav editing. I can send them to you via email if you like.

Great job man!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:41 pm 

<font size=+1><a href=http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?search=xtrackted&track=on&maker=on>JURRASIC PARK</a></font>

The name is description enough.

This is one amazing track, and I'm amazed I missed it until a couple of days ago - it's two years old after all. I haven't looked at it in terms of racability, but for a casual drive or off course exploration this is one of the coolest tracks I've ever seen! Technically there are things wrong with it, but creatively it's a masterpiece. Even with it's small problems, as a track maker I can relate to and appreciate all of the detail work and the abundance of fully custom creations within it, and it was cool to discover the whole island is full of 'secret areas' for explorers. To top it off this appears to have been a first track!

I don't have any screenshots or a descriptive review here, but I wanted to say something to bring attention to this track, especially with Xtrackted having recently joined us here.

Truly impressive work, Xtrackted. Well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:23 pm 

wow, thanks! :)

first track... that was kind of a stretch. I tested two "tracks" (if you can call them that) before this one...

Atlantis (basically complex ground box work with NO models whatsoever! lol)

and Obstacle Course (a small parking lot tour with an easter egg hunt of TRAXX "boxes"). This one was pretty neat, but I decided not to upload it for some reason...

After making this Jurassic Park, I quickly got tired of seeing some of the famous images from the movie slaughtered, so I began production of other "versions".

ISLA NUBLAR is the latest one, now downloadable on KC's site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:45 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

Yes it is preety cool but... [there's always a but]

It's too dark, first off. I couldn't hardly see where I was going.
The path is also unclear, I had no idea where I was supposed to go. Some direction markers would help.
It hit me more as a freestyle type track instead of a race track. Lots of stuff to ramp off of, but some of the jumps weren't very negotiable, couldn't build up any speed to make them.
I ended up quitting it half way through the first lap, I never did finish a lap or a complete race.

In a nutshell, it needs alot of work. It has some killer models, and scenery, but it needs some reworking to become a great race track. It's a great start though.

That's just my opinion, I would have used the beta room here first for advice before releasing it. It could also use the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by the Tokens for a soundtrack.