MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

Post subject: Santarem Beta
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:16 pm 

OK, keywords: Monaco styled, harbour, World GP

This is Santarem, a thriving city in south-east Asia. The track winds up through the office blocks and apartments with a downhill hairpin before thundering through a tunne and down past the yachts. Then back up the hill to the start line.

The track itself is finished except for CPs and the barriers all around it. If anyone can find suitable models for them then I would be very grateful.

So test it out, tell me if you like it and report back with any observations. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:39 am 
Trackologist

I'll check it out, bud. Give me a day or two, however. I'm still digging out from being gone for a few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:41 pm 

is this the one titled something like World GP 4? i tried that one and i like the eye candy, but am waiting anxiously for checkpoints (i know, your looking for models). also, do you have a specific path you want the race to go in? even if you dont have checkpoints, a map would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:58 pm 

The CPU truck course is usually one of the last things I add. If you like I could have it ready for Beta II.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:55 pm 
Glow Ball

Very good start, but watch those non-square buildings... you run into invisible walls.

http://cownap.com/~forum/beta/worldgp04/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:30 pm 
Trackologist

Yep, looks pretty good, Cr@$h. I'll be back later with a few notes...I think lol. Phin seems to have got it all, but I'll have a closer look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:49 am 

Actually Phin, I'd already fixed those when getting the new beta ready. In the new beta I will have a CPU truck course, new terrain and fixed all of what you saw. Also, there is a building on the uphill stretch, did you get that?

Cope, I'll wait to see what you find and release Beta II.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:00 pm 
Glow Ball

Just note. For the boats, did you know if you set the terrain so the boats sit the proper height on the water, you can later change the terrain/water depth and the boats will stay where you leave them? It's a handy trick I use all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:21 pm 

actually, by a map, i meant a navigation map. you know the little thing you get when you press TAB. also i noticed you havent set the road texture types yet.

i guess that traxx has things on it not too different than tracked3 or 4. but cant you set it so that you can view the water while looking at the track in traxx?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:29 am 

Yes you can, but I couldn't see that the boats were floating. The CPU course and the map are the same thing but the map is course 0 and the CPU course is course 2.

Are you ready for me to release Beta II?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:26 pm 
Glow Ball

> Are you ready for me to release Beta II?

That all depends. Are you ready to release beta iii?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:42 am 

I'll just put in CPs and release it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:41 pm 
Trackologist

One of the things that kinda bugs me about this track is the fact that much of the roadway isn't defined by some sort of boundary. As a result it looks extremely plain, as shown here and here. In the first 3 you had the white border line, fencing, brick wall barriers, etc. For this one a white border line would do wonders in my opinion. Course, the way it currently is may be how you want it, and that's fine, but that's about the only observation I have at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:43 am 

The finished track will be completely surrounded by barriers if I can get the right model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:11 am 
Trackologist

Hehe that's fine. Was just curious about that when you said you were going to add cp's and then release. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:51 am 

Sorry it took so long but Beta II is out now. Added CPs, fixed boats and added CPU line. On a different note, so far the 'Ring project is postponed. The huge track doesn't fit on the terrain. Sorry about that.

Off-topic: Did anyone see the Monaco GP today? Great racing! Bad luck for Jenson Button.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:51 pm 
The Dog House

CrashCart how are ya bud. Love the look first, now what I see is there is some white trim along the side of the road where the grass and pavement come together. May look a little cleaner if you finish going around with the white trim look. If you need a texture or two to help. Just give the guys a call. Im sure one of them can help you there. The starting position of the trucks need seperated and lined up. Round out the edges a little on your hills along the road. The course lines need some work. Main [0] and number 1 run together with the segments. But on course 2 the segments are different. Maybe try getting them all the same number, stay with Main [0] and 1. Get number 2 course to run in sequence with them. Then shorten segment 19 a lot, on them all. May make the Comp trucks work a little better. If not then get rid of the segments{19] and angle segments {18} to the right. You may have to mess with it a minute. But that'll probably would be the best thing to do. Ill check it out more for you and get back at you later. If they let me. LoL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:42 pm 

Thanks for that Charles. I just had a look at your Jamaican Dream track. Love the look and feel of it. Feels incredibly narrow but you know how wide my tracks are lol. About Course 2, that is the CPU truck pro course. Since most people run on Pro, I tried to make them go fast and take a good line.

I have the right line textures but to be honest I couldn't be bothered to rotate them lol. I'll do them now.

I believe I've found some barriers. Just letting you know that you may see them in Beta III.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:23 am 
Glow Ball

Yes, I like the white trim around the road too. Makes it look much better.

For the starting position of the trucks, I thought you were going to use those brackets painted on the road. You know, these [ things. One truck per bracket. They're all cued up for it. When I started a race, a couple of the other trucks were more or less on top of me. Big collision even before setting out.

I found the comp trucks could complete a lap with no trouble. (Charles, have a look at c98, you'll see the different paths can be put to good use)

Everything else looks pretty good... except the checkpoint markers. Now, you have squares painted on the road every so often. I'd like to suggest you use those for markers. As it is now, I expect to trip a checkpoint when I drive over them, and I'm never sure where the real checkpoints are. Causes considerable hesitation when driving... and I missed a couple more than once. I think the checkpoint locations are good, just need something to let us know where they are. Using those painted markers seems the natural way to go.

Other than that, much improved over the first beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:32 am 
The Dog House

Ill keep that in mind Phin. Thanks for the saying something about Cps. Seems I left those out.