MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:48 am 
Trackologist

Well I'm not done talkin about it yet. What's this nonsense about the "Cope curse", and people not runnin your $2.00 tracks, Phin? LOLOL

Just to recap, Charles it is a fact that it's your call where it concerns what you do and don't do. Information and suggestions are what this process is about, and the goal of course, is to give you options, ultimately winding up with a final product that you're happy with.

Ok now I'm done...and I'll be checking out the next version of this track in just a few. Just got home from work, and it's food time. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:26 am 
Trackologist

Had a quick run on the 2nd version, and it's looking pretty nice, bud. Observation wise I'd say...

- Set the the larger trees to facing.
- The front of the grandstand is floating just a tad, and I'm sureit's due to the slope of the terrain it's sitting on, but still.
- Lastly, you seem to be going for the symmetrical effect with the trees, which is fine, but if you notice in this picture, the trees on the left are right up against the side of the wall, whereas on the right there's quite a bit of distance between the line of trees and the wall. Also, I would suggest dropping that tree that's circled.

That's it for now, and as I said, that was just a quick run thru. I'll look at it some more later.

Post subject: Ok Cope
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:55 pm 
The Dog House

Ok set trees 2 Facing, is that Collide or No Collide, ill wait on that 1 till I see which, if I add some tilt 2 the grandstand will that work or do I need 2 change it, I see your point on the trees, ill do something 2 it on the side 2 the left of the Grandstand {when facing grandstand like your picture is}. will chop down the circled tree Thanks Cope, Ps I was just funning on {The Cope Curse} thing man, no meaness it tended,Sorry, Charles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:16 pm 
Glow Ball

The rule of thumb on trees is they are always "no collide facing." The problem with making them collidable is that your truck will hit the invisible part of the bin model which is very frustrating to racers. Then, after they are no collide facing you can put in an object box for the tree trunk if you want. Sometimes when a tree is quite a distance away from the course, it's okay to leave it without a trunk... especially if you are running out of models (541 limit in the game).

There are exceptions to this rule of thumb idea, but they are rare.

Post subject: Ok Phineus
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:39 pm 
The Dog House

Alright, always No Collide Facing, but if you wont, Purple boxs sized 2 fit tree trunk 4 collision, boxs then left on default, Thank Phineus, I think I got it now, I hope, Charles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:42 pm 
Glow Ball

> I think I got it now

Sounds perfect to me. You're doing great.

Post subject: Remove Beta2 Please
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:06 pm 
The Dog House

Please remove N4sc Beta2, ready 2 upload Beta3, Thank you Charles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:32 pm 
Glow Ball

Well done. Just got a couple things I noticed, very minor tho.

Very nice how you have the bushes set back in those little nooks, but a few of them cut into the terrain. Just need to bring them out a foot or so. Oh, and one little guy is sitting a bit above the rest... don't know if that's on purpose or not.

bushes

The other thing is still with seams. I don't know if its anything you've done or whether the originals are like that. Just give it a look over to be sure, then let it go. It's not that bad and probably a pain to fix perfectly. Still, have a look to be sure you've done all you can.

And that's it. Lookin' very fine.

Post subject: Ok Phineus
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:11 pm 
The Dog House

Nice eye, ill get the trees out, the 1 thats higher, ill have a talk with the little guy. The seams, can you point a couple of the worst out 4 me, gives me something 2 go by, so ill know more what 2 look 4 in the future, Please. Thanks Phineus, Charles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:47 pm 
Glow Ball

here you go

[ 1 | 2 ]

I think the best thing to do is look in sir james' original track (popcorn, probably) and see what they're like in there. If they're good there, then use that to make your patterns - you can make patterns just using "view pod file"... you don't need to extract them. You might also use his txx to make the patterns, if he's given one.

On the other hand, these were made before slice60 so they have have these problems built in... I haven't looked to verify.

-------

What does n4sc stand for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:46 pm 
Trackologist

Hey Charles, just to let ya know, a bunch of your trees are floating (slightly). There are a few more, and when I get home in the morning I'll snap pics of em so you can stuck those suckers in the ground. :)

Post subject: Thanks Cope
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:09 am 
The Dog House

Thanks man, if only i could get seams out id be ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:26 pm 
Trackologist

Just a thought here, but I wouldn't kill myself over those seams, bud. It's a learning process, and my guess is in time, like some of the other track masters out here, your texture work will ultimately reach the "nearly flawless" level. I'd venture to say you've learned a few things with this track alone, so take that into consideration...and take it one step at a time. :)

Now...here are the trees. Mind you, they're not floating much, and I'm sure most wouldn't even notice em, nevertheless my role is just to let you know, then you decide if it's worth the hassle of correcting them.

1 2 3 4 5 6

And checkpoint 4 here is slightly recessed into the mountain.

That's it, bud - it's looking pretty good! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:35 pm 
Glow Ball

If worst comes to worst, I'm sure we can come up with alternate textures for you too. Might take a few days, but shouldn't be a major hassle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:18 pm 
The Dog House

Man id better check them all{trees} Thanks Cope, I can only hope 2 be that good. Some of you guys are MASTERS with this track stuff. I look at the forum at times and the stuff you guys talk about are of another WORLD. {Phineus} i think ill just fix every thing but the seams on this 1,but i got that texture set from your link, the 1 from Tyler. Im going 2 do something with them,when i do, this time im going 2 just do the textures,then Beta it. That way the only thing in the pod will textured and mapped. That way if i need 2 work on seams, it would be the only thing 2 work on. Then if i need something made 2 make them come out right, it would be easier 2 work on, {i know now that doing 1 part of the track at a time, will work and look better}. I really thank you guys 4 the time you spend on this, Charles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:38 pm 
Glow Ball

>> i got that texture set from your link

What link? I don't remember a link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:05 pm 
The Dog House

From General disscussion I believe the Subject was texture sets by Tyler Wysocki .Sorry I dont konw how 2 add a link 4 you 2 go to. I post that I would like 2 make something with them if you Oked them, the next post was from you with a link 4 download. That one sir, Charles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:32 am 
Glow Ball

Oh oh oh, I see. I thought we were still talking about this track. And speaking of this track, I just had a look at the texture set and yes there are seam issues right from the get go. I was able to get rid of a few seams but then that also made some others worse. So, not to worry. You may feel confident you've made the most of what you're doing.

Post subject: THANKS Phineus
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:34 pm 
The Dog House

Thanks man, i tryed 2 get rid of the seams, ever time a new 1 would come up, im glade it wasn't just me ,i was going crazy on it. THANK YOU MUCH MAN, Charles

Post subject: Please remove N4sc Beta
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:52 pm 
The Dog House

Please remove N4sc Beta, Full version is called {Shepherd Of The Hills}, Thanks Charles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next