MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 am

Post subject: Stadium Off-Road of Doom
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:01 pm 

OK, now I feel guilty about uploading this. I put a song in at the last second and forgot that it has some bad words (actually one bad word repeated 7-8 times) in it that aren't bleeped. I only realized it when I started uploading. I'm not on my editing comp right now so if someone could take it out I would be eternally grateful. Otherwise flat out deleteing the file wouldn't be something I would be upset about.

If the track stays or gets edited, here's the story. Its basically me fooling around with the arena in Traxx. I miscalculated on my textures so the track is much narrower than I wanted, but I kept going anyhow. Its more of a goof-off than a serious track, but I'm still curious as to what people think of it, so let me know (if it stays, of course).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:24 pm 
Glow Ball

Regarding the music, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be based on your description. However, since I had it downloaded to check I used cpod to, uh, sanitize it. I backed up the original should anything go amiss.

As for the track, I'm wondering when the roman road one is going to be finished.

As for the track, really this time, I like it. The textures look good, and I like the score board. I think some sort of cp markers would help it along, and spending some time to make the haybale/barriers fit the ground better would be well worth it. It may be a goofing around track but these can make for some good fun. I hope you find it in you to finish it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:06 am 
Trackologist

LOL I was wondering about the other track myself when I saw this beta. Don't need another Psyco in here lol - start a track, beta it for a few rounds, then vanish. Come back, fire up another beta, ask for feedback, then vanish again lol.

I'll check this one out in a few. In-laws are coming to town so I have a little more dusting to do...according to The Warden, that is. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:43 am 
The Dog House

Well bud thats a NICE little track you got there. Love short tracks. The only things I notice out of line is [img]and%20I%20like%20to%20see%20a%20Cp%20marker%20of%20some%20kind.%20But%20thats%20only%20my%20opinion.%20I%20do%20like%20it%20Bro.[/img] Sorry cant do the Pictire I had for you, cant figure out how. Its a seam that runs between the dark and lighter colors out side the track and wall. Nothing that hurts the track man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:48 am 

Thanks guys (including Wint who PM'd me instead of posting). I'm not sure all of the barriers are going to stay, I was trying to emulate the old Super Off-Road and Stadium Off-Road tracks but I think it's a bit much so I'm probably gonna tone it down and use sponsor banners or something instead for some of it. Plus, it may artificially widen the track which would be nice.

Wint mentioned the scoreboard and I think I'll lower it even more, I just didn't want to have it be right on top of the trucks when they go over the crossover jump. I really want the arena to feel more like a real arena, with scoreboards and a place for trucks to actually enter (otherwise, how do they get in/out?).

As for the Roman track, its still "in development", meaning I've pretty much reached editors block as far as what else to put in it. I have started retexturing it with the Mediterrainean ground but its gonna take a while.