MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

Post subject: Pimpin' GMC by BigDOGGe
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:56 pm 

Here's something a little different from the norm. it's a street-racer pick-up with animated spinners on the 22-inch rims. Hope you like it. The truck is in Small Tiires format.

Pimpin' GMC download page:

http://mtm2.com/~trucks/trucks.cgi?s=pi ... h+spinners)

<center>
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:39 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Like I said before, I made one very similar to this truck, but I couldn't get mine to handle worth a darn.

http://teamslo.net/repfan/junk/SlammedChevy.gif

I just kinda shoved it on the back burner. But this Pimpin truck is very cool, I'm not a fan of spinner wheels, but as for MTM2, this is very awesome. A true first for an idea.

Great job BeeDee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:42 pm 

That purple ride looks cool with those wheels (24's ?)

Since you still have it, why not let me tweak it, or use the specs in my trk file yourself to make it a runner? We could get some nice street machines released, especially with your graphics skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:43 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

That pic there is set up with your TRK specs. I haven't built it or anything yet, thats just a mock up in Binedit for now.

Other than that its a stock Evo body, and I just added a front spoiler similar to yours. Right now it'll probably drive fine, since its basically your truck now. I'm working on a new rep right now, but when it's done, I'll whip up some sort of cool paintjob for this hot rod.

The wheels are the exact same size as yours, I just used this wheel instead of the animated ones. I opened my wheels, and looked at the size, and then the same to your spinner wheels, and they were the exact same size, lol. Good guesses.

I may make mine fatter a hair tho, but it definately needs a better paintjob, and to obviously line up all the textures. It'll be cool someday, then I'll race ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:34 pm 

Phineus, could you please replace my pimpin truck on the truck download page with this copy? (link at the bottom of this post).

A Vales member pointed out the fact that I had mistakenly put Chevy Silverado badges on the tailgate of this GMC truck (how I did that one, I'll never know). The truck textures have been corrected.

Thanks bro.

http://mtm2.com/~bigdogge/download/pimpin.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:41 pm 
Glow Ball

Done. Wouldn't hurt to double check it tho ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:49 pm 

Will do.

Checks out fine.....Thx again Phin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:40 am 
The Dog House

Love the knock off's. {Wheels} for those that may not know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:55 pm 

Thank you for tha compliment, but actually, those are just modern style spinner-rims.

"Knock off" wheels have a central device on a threaded axle, that is the sole item holding the wheels on. That device usually had 3 blades, though 2-blade knock offs were also around. You unscrew them by "knocking them off" with a rubber or wooden mallet (also that's roughly how you mount them)

They were used a lot on sport cars in earlier days of auto racing for quick wheel removal. AC Cobras and Ferraris had them.
Nowadays, you just see simulated bolt-on knock-off wheels with a fake knock-off center cap in the middle.

Here's a webpage showing some REAL knock-off wheels that use an adapter for usage on regular 4 and 5 lug axles......
http://www.cobracountry.com/trigo/home.html

TRIVIA: If you have ever seen the James Bond movie called GOLDFINGER, you might recall his Aston Martin that had devices that resembled knock-offs on his wheels, which could project outwards to slice the tires of rivals, bad guys (and pretty ladies in the movie) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:10 pm 
The Dog House

Yea, that is right. Not knock off's. Bad way to put it. Didn't know what to call them exactly. Nice link.