A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

Post subject: Forsaken Lands by SLO_GutterboyMG
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 4:54 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 3:34 pm 
Oops, in the readme file I forgot to credit Sir James for the base road textures, I edited them & everything when I needed to, but he designed the base texture, so thanks. Image

Here's some info I should have included in the readme file also:

Textures: 79
Models: 67
Model Textures: 87
Ground Boxes: 1640
Scenary Objects: 539

Anyway, please let me know what you think of this track.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 4:04 pm 
Trackologist

I must say, I'm pretty proud of this guy for the effort he put into this track. I firmly believe anyone can make a track, but without creativity and imagination...well, you end up with a track like Graveyard. Hehe

This track has a very good mix of simplicity/complexity, so it's fun for intermediate racers as well as your seasoned pro. The layout is absolutely superb, and the texture change up is a nice addition to bring out the absolute best in a racers abilitly to sucessfully negotiate the track. He brings it back home by reinserting the original texture at the end with a very nice finishing touch!

GB has put a lot of little "accents" into this one, and it's amazing to me how someone so relatively new to this field...having made only one other MTM 2 track (rumble - Limitations), could crank out such an awesome rally!

If you're looking for one to add to your collection of "great ones", look no further; this is without question a track to have in your repertoire!!!

Great job, GB. Hope you continue to make tracks, and also expand your horizons by trying various types of layouts and styles. That's what separates the Badgers, Spiders, and Zoons from the "casual" track makers. Image

[This message has been edited by SLO_COPE (edited 31-08-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 2:18 am 

wisah i could but it wont let me download even though i am registered

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 2:56 pm 
I found out you have to make sure you are logged into the forum first & then you will be able to download. Hope this helps. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:08 am 

Wow...all I can say is wow! Haven't seen a track this good in a long time. SLO_COPE gave an excellent description. Just to throw in my 2 cents...I liked everything except the music...lol!!! After about a minute I had to mute it...couldn't take it anymore...haha! Sorry SLO_GutterboyMG, am not a fan of that stuff...but that won't stop me from getting more of your tracks...your 5 months of hard work was well worth it...you should be pretty proud of this track...it's great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 1:53 pm 

hehehehe...TY for the review Duck! Was hoping for a review from you on this track as I liked the one you writ for my brother's track Scat's Canyon Image Thanks again Duck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 9:10 am 

told you now to go with that music gb lol, but its cope kinda took the words right outa my mouth but yeah its a good track

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 11:37 pm 

Wow! I'm flattered! Someone actually wanted my opinion?? haha! No prob SLO_GutterboyMG, I don't usually post a right-up on many tracks, unless I really like them. I just like to let the tr?ck maker know how much I appreciate all their work. I am a real fan of the desert tracks. I didn't realize your brother did Scat's Canyon! I still drive it everyday pretty well...fun track. Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention...I really liked the moving construcion equipment...the bulldozer, and back-hoe...what a nice touch! I have no idea how you did that...wow, it's really kool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 12:25 am 

hehehe Image well, as for the moving loaders they were done by Toxin, so thanks goes out to him for them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:49 pm 
Hehe,superb track!!! it really is GB!
The first time i saw the track u sended me the beta version where u called it !!!! or IIII or some like that.Took me some time to find the final release caus i didnt know the name,but preach enlightened me.

Keep doing that stuff,u good at it

OLD_LoL_Evil