MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:53 pm

Post subject: Too Nasty by Davidg100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 12:35 am 
Trackologist

I've never heard of "Davidg" before, but if this track is indicative of what's to come, everyone will know this guy's name!

Excellent track man - excellent! One could certainly critique the "MTM1-like" waterfall you have in there, but that would be nit-picky. My main focus was on driveability and layout, and both are exceptional!

I only have one "objective" thing to say about this track: when you pass thru cp 2, and you ascend that hill, the application of a smoothing tool to take out the bumps would result in more speed, allowing for easier clearance of the jump. That's a good sized leap, and if you're not right on the money with your technique going up, u simply won't make it.

Of course, the other option would be to adj the jump so that it's not as tough to make. If you have two racers battling it out on that hill, neither of them will make the jump - that's a fact. Furthermore, the penalty for missing the jump is steep, so it's like double jeopardy!

But man, this is one heck of a run, and if I could recommend one thing it would be to make an adjustment to that portion of your track, then re-release it as a "fixed version"...and it wouldn't take much. Hehe--and trust me, it woulndn't tarnish your image any; many of the all-time great trackmakers have done it! Image

SLO host Zone-wide events pretty much every weekend (barring a tourney), and I'd love to feature this track. Only prob is that jump; too many would fall in an attempt to make it. I'm a decent racer, and it's dang tough for me! I'd also like to submit this one as one of our "Always Podded Tracks" come Feb.

Other than that, this is one heck of a product you put out, partner. I don't know if this is your first track or not, but I sure hope it isn't your last! Oh, and if you're looking for beta testers, SLO would be more than happy to do the honors! Simply e-mail me at slocope@home.com.

Take care, David, and regardless of whether or not you take my suggestion to heart and adjust that jump, I'm still gonna put this on our team website (www.teamslo.com - use 1024X768 resolution to view); that's how much I like this track!

Later bud!

[This message has been edited by SLO_COPE (edited 16-11-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 12:03 pm 

Ok, ok.. I'll fix the jump. Thanks for your input. This is is not my first track but the second I've uploaded. Have 1 I'm about to upload and another I'm just about finished with. Only reason I started making them was cause I thought KC was closing down and I wouldn't be able to find anymore tracks. Let me go ahead and fix and I'll let you know when it's ready. E-mail's davidg100@yahoo.com