MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am

Post subject: Problems Repainting A Stock Truck
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:54 pm 

Okay. I'm on Win98 and I'm using Paint Shop Pro 8 to paint my truck. I am using the Overkill body design. I load the overkill1.raw & overkill2.raw files (after renaming them with my new truck name) and add the appropriate .pal files to each one (also with the new truck name) change to 16 million and paint. When I'm done I go back to 256 colors, save both the .raw files and the .pal files. Then I go to MDMRE's pallet master and try to conver the .pal files back to .act files, and it tells me "Invalid Pallete File" on both .pal files. I also had two .pal files that I had not changed (in this case firestn1 & 2.pal) and tried converting them back into .act files and they converted sucessfully. What is wrong with my custom truck's .pal files that they won't convert back to .act? is there another pallete converter program that works? Have I done something wrong? Please help me. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:39 pm 

Ah, it seems you have a good grip on this stuff. Very nice.
My best guess is that PSP has changed it's pal file format since MDMRE wrote his paletmaster program.
I suggest you use C-POD
http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/repaint/index.shtml
It really simplifys the whole repainting process as it convets RAW+ACT directly to bmp, then you get to edit the bmp, save as 256 colors, and it converts right back to RAW+ACT, no need to deal with pal files.

Plus phinny wrote that tremendously great tutorial that gives you ever single step.
If u need help ask here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:48 am 

You could also use FlyRawGui, which is a stand-alone RAW/ACT<-->BMP convertor, but C-pod does have many uses besides converting texture formats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:57 am 
Glow Ball

Just one more note. There are two types of PAL file. One is by MS and one is native to psp (jasc). If one doesn't work, then the other probably will.

c-pod and flyrawgui are both excellent tools too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:07 am 

Okay, one problem. I downloaded and extracted C-Pod to my MTM2 folder, but when I try to run C-Pod it says something about an outdated comdlg32.ocx file. What do I need to do about it? I found the file on my computer and then even tried copying it directly to the MTM2 folder, but I still get that box. What's wrong? Thanks for the tips though about the conversion proggies. Now if I could only get them to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:11 am 
Glow Ball

This ought to do it. Just extract those to the cpod folder.

<ul><li><a href="http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/downloads/mtm2/ch_2005/CH_SupportFiles.zip">CH_SupportFiles.zip</a></li></ul>