MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 am

Post subject: Shortcut for insert
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:13 am 

Location: Lying on my bed in the middle of the night, editing tracks with Traxx on my laptop, in Sarasota FL
is there any shortcut key to insert ground boxes/objects in traxx (1.4)? It's really annoying, especially on a laptop toch thing to have to right click and then click insert. Can anyone help me?
:?:
~RD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:26 am 
Glow Ball

Set the first ground box the way you want with high point, low point, textures and all, then CTRL+C to copy it, then move the cursor along and CTRL+V to paste the new ones in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:10 am 

Location: Lying on my bed in the middle of the night, editing tracks with Traxx on my laptop, in Sarasota FL
ok... and there is no shortcut to placinng a large textured area (different textures, like a curve in a road) over a whole bunch of ground boxes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:36 am 
The Dog House

Do you mean textures on the ground box'es. Then yes. Textures can be on the sides or top and bottoms of them. IF thats what you mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:47 am 
Glow Ball

ROAD DEMON wrote:
... no shortcut for placinng a textured area over a whole bunch of ground boxes?

Sorry, not yet. But it's certainly worth noting for a possible future feature. For now, make sure the sides and bottom are the way you want, then you'll have to go back and do the road curve for the top.

Here's a tip. Toggle ground boxes using the F7 key. Now, copy the curved road to the terrain right below the ground boxes. Put the cursor over the square you want, right click and choose "select". Now toggle the ground boxes and paint the box above the square you just selected. Continue until you get your corner finished. Yes, it's a pain, but at least there's no guess work about which tile goes where. It should make for a fairly accurate paint job. When you're done, just paint over the terrain so that all you're left with is the ground box curve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:58 pm 

ok. thanx!

~RD

Oh! btw I'm working on an awesome track sort of modeled after Alpine's Crazy, and It should be done within a few weeks. Keep a lookout for it. I think I want to call it Dirt-cheap.