MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

Post subject: Ouarzazate
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:57 pm 

This one was inspired from Mumhra's prévious release Xraid. So some will be familiar with some part of the layout. However, Mum did a nice job making sure it was'nt going to be just another version of the same track. Lap time on this should get around 3:25 and the chalenges laying ahead are good. The layout itself overlap and cross itself but somehow it's still working out good with a few players. Accidents are still to be expected occasionnaly.

Overhall i'll easily call it a [tu] [tu]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:29 pm 

Somehow I missed this one when it was released. [tu][tu]
Although it shares textures and models with X-raid, it is a nevertheless a genuinly different track. Aesthetically, it is even better than X-raid, but its main strength is the layout. The driving challenges are indeed excellent and I guess this has something to do with Mumhra being a racer (not only in games, see his webpage).
For instance each of the 3 hairpins in sequence requires its own treatment, and this applies also the other way round on the way back. Other repetitive themes with subtle variations are the winding road up the hill and the zigzaguing part through the village at mid-track.
For hot-lapping or racing duels it is a great track. As Jumper already pointed out, the numerous crossings in the village and the fact that a large part of the track uses the same roads in opposite directions makes it less suitable for larger starter fields, unless they like demolition derby races, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:17 am 

Yep, i did not got much feedback when this was released. But hey, they can't all be winners [:P] . Though, some track makers only make winners [;)] .

Someone, i think it was jumper, asked me to make a shorter version of X-raid with the village section build in to them.
I tried several layouts, but i chose for one village section driven in 2 directions. For online races it was maybe better if i used both of those sections so that you would not have to deal with upcoming traffic. Also i may have gone overboard with the crossings.

But i like the track, and that's what is important to me. Maybe it has something to do with my hobby irl 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:14 am 
The Dog House

Yep, this is a very nice track. Layout is great. Crossings are a nice challenge. Mumhra gets. [tu] [tu] [tu] [tu] Would have been 5 [tu] , but I' had to take one away because it's not Short enough. LoL.