MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:38 am

Post subject: Look Ma, No Brakes
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 5:20 pm 
Trackologist

This review, much like this track, will be extremely short, however I imagine it’ll take slightly longer than :31 seconds to read it. Yep, that’s the lap time for this one – anywhere between :31 & :33 seconds, which uh...well, it’s not a heck of a whole lot of time. Finne’s popularity stems mostly from his hi-speed, epic rallys. He has gone “off-tempo” on occasion and whipped out tracks like “Go Fast Young Man”, “Step On It!”, and “Floor it Man!” which are respectable in terms of speed, but definitely lack the characteristics one would associate with Finne nowadays.

Well, you could definitely put this one in the “un-Finne like” category. At :31 seconds the track description is as follows: an oval with one hill, and one banked left turn - done. We all know with Finne that’s usually just the start! I can’t imagine “Look Ma No Brakes” being difficult for anyone regardless of their skill level. The hay bails can pose a small, temporary hazard, but all in all this one’s a walk through the park. However...the beauty of add-on tracks is there’s something out here for everyone. Put two or three 10-yr olds on this track who are new to the game and they’ll likely have a blast...at least for about two or three days. Hard to captivate the attention of people that age for longer periods than that no matter what form of entertainment you stick in front of them. : )

My best guess is Finne got caught up in some kind of contractual dispute and had to produce a track in short order to meet a deadline. Ok maybe not, but I’m hoping he’ll drop by and enlighten us – you know, give us his rationale with respect to why he chose to make this track so that we go, “Ahhhh ok...I see”. Truthfully whether he does or not is moot, for as I said, there’s something out here for everyone, and although this one isn’t my cup of tea, it might be yours. As for a “Copey Rating”, this one earned 5.5 out of 10 possible points. I gave him .5 for making a track that didn’t take me 10 min to drive, analyze, reanalyze, drive some more, then sit down and spend an hour trying to figure out what the heck I wanted to say. Hehe—see, there’s a positive side to everything!

[This message has been edited by SLO_COPE (edited 17-05-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 8:07 pm 

Hi Dude. I’ll give you 4.5 out of 10 for that review ;-). No, seriously, I just wanted to make a short track – no deeper reason. Personally I think it’s easier to make long tracks, with “stupid jumps” in all directions, but that’s just me. Of course I don’t have a deadline, how could I - I do not get paid.
I’m having fun, driving this track, and I’m much older than ten years. And you are right, it’s easy to find the way around – straight ahead and turn left, straight ahead and turn left, and so on, but I don’t think it’s THAT easy, to get a good time (32 sec.) My best is 32.16.
One thing I’m spending a lot of time with, is trying to keep the tires to the ground – except when jumping of course :-), and that takes more road, or slowing down (which I don’t like - slowing down that is). I almost succeeded that with this track, in spite of the shortness of it, and the rather tall hill. I’m kind of proud of that. I hope I’m finding the right words here. English is not my language. I’m Danish. I’m sure you wouldn’t get much out of this:
“Jeg holder dækkene mod jorden. Det er simpelthen for dumt at blafre helt utilsigtet rundt i luften i tide og utide.”
No?
Well. If you are ever in Denmark, look me up, and we could share a couple of beers.

Finne ….. Danish Dynamite (mostly)