MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

Post subject: Texture Making Kit << PLEASE READ!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:42 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

I've discovered that many custom textures have texture misalignments - including mine. Actually, especially mine.

Well, fear no more! To all of those of you who own Adobe Photoshop, I present an incredible texture creation utility. (Note: I hope to upload it very soon; be patient, I haven't created any tutorial or sample textures yet) How it works is simple. You input an anti-aliased track layout picture (white if template, two grid squares wide), click the "play action" button in Photoshop, and BANG! Instantly, you've got a blacktop road with white road lines on either side and a lightened area in the middle.

It looks quite like Crazy '98 - but it's better. You can make as many different layouts as you want, and they're all interchangeable. Of course, you should be pretty good at placing textures in Traxx to get a truly seamless template, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Please stay tuned; I will make another post here when I have fully uploaded the files required.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:44 pm 
Glow Ball

Sounds interesting. I'll be waiting to see how this is done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:23 am 
MTM2 Fanatic

Currently, I am working on writing a detailed tutorial on how to use it.

You just input:

-a white layer whereever you want your road to be, all white road must be on one layer (I will call it "white")
-Another layer directly above it (I will call it "black")
-The "white" layer must be called Layer 1, and it must be just one step up from the BACKGROUND layer
-The "black" layer must be called Layer 2, and it must be just one step up from the "white" layer
-The "black" layer need not even contain anything; it's used in the templates, but you can leave it blank if you're working on your own project.

It sounds confusing, but once you have the hang of it, you'll be cranking out tons of textures.

Furthermore, all aspects (road lines, lightened area in the middle, road itself, etc.) of the road will be on separate layers when the action finishes, so you can make easy changes any time. For example, you might want a drag race on dirt, with white chalk lines to guide the trucks. Just give it a dirt background (background layer), plot out the course, set the action to it, and delete the concrete and the white in the middle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:16 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

Well, the action and most of the things I was working on are all done. I just have to do some saving, renaming, and zipping up. You should see it very soon.

[edit] If you are reading this, I had to put this project on the back burner for a few reasons. Stay tuned.